ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling off the remains of my business. How?  (Read 3481 times)

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
Re: Selling off the remains of my business. How?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2021, 01:03:06 PM »

I've joined a number of local FB buy and sell groups, including a couple of music gear swap groups. When I post something on FB marketplace it lets me post to all the groups at once. I deselect any that might not be appropriate.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 11:46:43 AM »

I have bins full of dead mics, dead cable, containers full of new and used XLR ends, rack panels, on and on and on.

Goodwill might accept the stuff as donations. You get your garage back and maybe they'll make a couple of bucks in turning it around.  Win-win.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2021, 02:41:53 PM »

It's just all low priced crap.
Your low price crap can be be sold as medium price scrap, there are several scrap yards around College Station (and anywhere USA) that accept copper wire, ferrous and non ferrous metals in small quantities.
Insulated copper wire goes for around a dollar a pound, snip the XLRs off broken mic cords and you might get  $100 for your trip to the yard. The used XLRs may net something like a dime a pound.
My perfectly working ADAT tape recorders ended up at the scrapyard after I waited to long to sell them..

Not much money, but you can feel better about it than sending the junk to a land fill.

Art

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 04:52:01 PM »

Your low price crap can be be sold as medium price scrap, there are several scrap yards around College Station (and anywhere USA) that accept copper wire, ferrous and non ferrous metals in small quantities.
Insulated copper wire goes for around a dollar a pound, snip the XLRs off broken mic cords and you might get  $100 for your trip to the yard. The used XLRs may net something like a dime a pound.
My perfectly working ADAT tape recorders ended up at the scrapyard after I waited to long to sell them..

Not much money, but you can feel better about it than sending the junk to a land fill.

Art

Yeah its a good chance that is where the random cable scraps will end up. Copper is high right now.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

John Schalk

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2021, 10:34:13 AM »

I've had some cheapo mics, some decent DI's and some rim clips (shure a56d's) on FB marketplace for months and have barely had any hits. In fact, I've had more people ask me what a DI is used for than actual interested buyers.
I've had a lot less success with selling items on FB Marketplace recently too.  I feel like they've focused it on selling shippable items, so searches work great if you're looking to buy a used iPhone.  But if you want a table saw, not so much.  Browsing by product category still returns decent results in my area, but searches for specific items tend to be all over the place.  I also think that the traffic on Craigslist is down relative to where it was 2 to 3 years ago, based on the number of audio listings that I see for my saved searches.  I'm in the same boat with you with respect to wanting sell some things which are probably too heavy or bulky to make shipping affordable.  The only suggestion I can think of is to try taking your stuff to a local pawn shop?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2021, 10:34:13 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.