ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling off the remains of my business. How?  (Read 3438 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Selling off the remains of my business. How?
« on: May 14, 2021, 03:20:50 PM »

I have bins full of dead mics, dead cable, containers full of new and used XLR ends, rack panels, on and on and on.

Does anyone have an idea of how to sell this crap on? Shipping is too damn expensive so it would almost have to be local. Or should I just throw it all away and not look back?!?

I want my Garage back!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Scott Hofmann

Re: Selling off the remains of my business. How?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 03:36:22 PM »

I have bins full of dead mics, dead cable, containers full of new and used XLR ends, rack panels, on and on and on.

Does anyone have an idea of how to sell this crap on? Shipping is too damn expensive so it would almost have to be local. Or should I just throw it all away and not look back?!?

I want my Garage back!

Put it on eBay in large lots, clearly stating "pickup only, will not ship" and see what happens.
Scott Hofmann

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 04:38:18 PM »

Put it on eBay in large lots, clearly stating "pickup only, will not ship" and see what happens.

X2 - about the only option there is - maybe add Reverb.com to the listing sites.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 05:08:16 PM »

Is shipping that expensive in the US?
I've sold tons of stuff similar to what you're describing, shipping has rarely been a deal-breaker.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 05:37:52 PM »

It depends on what you want to get for it.

Yes, eBay is effective, but you typically have to ship.

FaceBook marketplace can be very effective to find more local buyers, but local means a much smaller pool of potential buyers. This could mean lower prices for your stuff.

If you're just planning to throw it all away, FaceBook market place would be the way to go. You'd get at least something for it, and then wouldn't have to deal with disposal. Pass that problem on to someone else.
Brian Jojade

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 06:27:33 PM »

Is shipping that expensive in the US?
I've sold tons of stuff similar to what you're describing, shipping has rarely been a deal-breaker.

It's just all low priced crap. When you add shipping cost to it it becomes not worth it for most people. Especially since most of it is heavy and won't fit in flat rate packages (rack panels, etc).

I've had some cheapo mics, some decent DI's and some rim clips (shure a56d's) on FB marketplace for months and have barely had any hits. In fact, I've had more people ask me what a DI is used for than actual interested buyers. I've had nobody ask about the A56D's. I've sold some mics at a dollar each. These were crap Nady and Radio Shack stuff. Junk I ended up with when buying old band stuff.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Matthias McCready

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 07:12:42 PM »

It's just all low priced crap. When you add shipping cost to it it becomes not worth it for most people. Especially since most of it is heavy and won't fit in flat rate packages (rack panels, etc).

You just need to list all of the stuff together on Craiglist as "turnkey system" and attach a large price tag. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have seen a few of those over the years, and even had a friend who has the misfortune of buying one of those. I didn't have the heart to tell him he just royally wasted $6k.  :o >:(

In conclusion... people are weasels.
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 10:34:10 PM »

I want my Garage back!
Take the box full of stuff and move it to the curb.  Then, place a Craigslist ad with "Curb Alert" as the subject - describe the crap you are giving away.  Give a general address of where the box is; if people are still the same, someone will come by and get it.  After they get the box, remove the ad.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 12:57:31 AM »

several years ago I bought 250 male 3 pin switchcraft xlr's and 250 females. There are those of us that buy like that. I have all i need for right now ...... i think

doug johnson2

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2021, 11:45:20 AM »

I would put lots on ebay.  Buyer pays the shipping.  Non-working for parts, no returns.  I have been amazed at what people are willing to pay for non-working rack equipment, etc.  If it doesn't sell, nothing lost.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2021, 11:45:20 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.