Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Selling off the remains of my business. How?

(1/3) > >>

Tim Weaver:
I have bins full of dead mics, dead cable, containers full of new and used XLR ends, rack panels, on and on and on.

Does anyone have an idea of how to sell this crap on? Shipping is too damn expensive so it would almost have to be local. Or should I just throw it all away and not look back?!?

I want my Garage back!

Scott Hofmann:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on May 14, 2021, 03:20:50 PM ---I have bins full of dead mics, dead cable, containers full of new and used XLR ends, rack panels, on and on and on.

Does anyone have an idea of how to sell this crap on? Shipping is too damn expensive so it would almost have to be local. Or should I just throw it all away and not look back?!?

I want my Garage back!

--- End quote ---

Put it on eBay in large lots, clearly stating "pickup only, will not ship" and see what happens.

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Scott Hofmann on May 14, 2021, 03:36:22 PM ---Put it on eBay in large lots, clearly stating "pickup only, will not ship" and see what happens.

--- End quote ---

X2 - about the only option there is - maybe add Reverb.com to the listing sites.

Helge A Bentsen:
Is shipping that expensive in the US?
I've sold tons of stuff similar to what you're describing, shipping has rarely been a deal-breaker.

Brian Jojade:
It depends on what you want to get for it.

Yes, eBay is effective, but you typically have to ship.

FaceBook marketplace can be very effective to find more local buyers, but local means a much smaller pool of potential buyers. This could mean lower prices for your stuff.

If you're just planning to throw it all away, FaceBook market place would be the way to go. You'd get at least something for it, and then wouldn't have to deal with disposal. Pass that problem on to someone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version