ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shop World !! Speaker stands and poles etc...  (Read 509 times)

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
Shop World !! Speaker stands and poles etc...
« on: July 06, 2021, 01:35:39 pm »

Hello PSW Members,

its been a while since I posted something! I have to say that I read most of the post weekly!

Anyway, I just moved my shop in a new space, I am wondering what is everyone doing to store drape poles, Speaker stands etc... especially when you have 30-36 speaker stands and an other 30-40 drape beams poles...

Thanks!

Othmane

Caleb Dueck

Re: Shop World !! Speaker stands and poles etc...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 04:04:56 pm »

Anyway, I just moved my shop in a new space, I am wondering what is everyone doing to store drape poles, Speaker stands etc... especially when you have 30-36 speaker stands and an other 30-40 drape beams poles...

Probably not the best, but where I used to work (small shop) we just did like Home Depot - built lower front rail about knee high, built 'arms' to stick out from the wall, with dog chain at about head height to clip the chain 'closed' between load/unload. 

This worked great for sorting between types and lengths of pipe, but wasn't real fast; had to load/unload the truck each time, and it doesn't protect against scratches.

What about a custom 'meat wagon' to help minimize scratching, and so you can wheel them from shop to truck without having to manually move/scratch them?
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 11:26:20 pm »

I use big pallet type shelving for most of my storage and instead of the typical grating that goes on the shelf I use plywood (with 2x4 supports underneath that go from front beam to rear beam)

I store speaker stands and speaker sub-to-top poles on a 7 high shelf above speakers and subs.

I have a drape pipe shelf that stores my uprights, and another shelf stores the cross pipes. I try to hand band the upright  pipes in groups of 4 for ease of transport and storage, and the cross pipes in groups of 3. I use a stretch wrap bander from Graingers or ULine and keep banders in the truck so I can wrap pipes at gigs during load out.

Bases and pins not in a cart have a shelf. Staging and lighting pipes also go on pallet shelving.

The only pipe type items I stand up in the shop are my cross braces for scaffolding. They get leaned in a corner next to the frames. They also get banded with the stretch wrap in groups of 4.

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 05:38:10 am »

I've seen a couple of shops with a solution like this for stands, poles etc.
The picture shows a flight case, but you get the idea :)

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 10:16:00 am »

I've seen a couple of shops with a solution like this for stands, poles etc.
The picture shows a flight case, but you get the idea :)

Hi Craig, do you happen to have some pictures ? I do have Redirack shelving 16ft high in the warehouse to hold equipements,

Thank you,

Ot

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 10:16:00 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.