Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Blank Amp Rack Panel - Solid or Vented?

<< < (2/3) > >>

John Schalk:

--- Quote from: Keith Broughton on May 13, 2021, 06:33:48 am ---For an open back rack, with those amps, solid panel.

--- End quote ---
Solid panels are the only vote getter so far, which makes the decision pretty easy for me!  I think I have one laying around already, so I'll get one more on order and then I can finish up this project and move on to the next thing on my list which is getting in some practice using Room Eq Wizard to tune my monitors.

Dave Garoutte:
I think I would put the panel between the amps.  It will give more room for air to circulate.

Robert Healey:

--- Quote from: John Schalk on May 12, 2021, 05:57:37 pm ---I'm putting together two new amp racks and I'd like your advice on which type of blank panel I should install in the unused rack space.  I've read that Powersoft amps are designed to be racked directly on top of each other, so that kind of argues for a solid panel.  But it's an amp rack, so the more airflow the better, right?  FWIW the back of the rack will be totally open, and since there are only ever going to be two amps in each 3 space rack, it may not make that much difference, but I'd thought I'd seek the wisdom of the tribe.  So, how do you vote; solid or vented?

--- End quote ---

This white paper from Middle Atlantic is targeted at installs but has excellent information about thermal management in racks:

https://www.legrandav.com/resources/white_papers_guides_and_ebooks/thermal-management-white-paper

Steve Crump:

--- Quote from: John Schalk on May 12, 2021, 05:57:37 pm ---I'm putting together two new amp racks and I'd like your advice on which type of blank panel I should install in the unused rack space.  I've read that Powersoft amps are designed to be racked directly on top of each other, so that kind of argues for a solid panel.  But it's an amp rack, so the more airflow the better, right?  FWIW the back of the rack will be totally open, and since there are only ever going to be two amps in each 3 space rack, it may not make that much difference, but I'd thought I'd seek the wisdom of the tribe.  So, how do you vote; solid or vented?

--- End quote ---

Powersoft has always been extremely helpful. I would just asked them the same question, they designed those amps. I would be interested in their thoughts also.

support.audio@powersoft.it

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Steve Crump on May 13, 2021, 12:17:03 pm ---
Powersoft has always been extremely helpful. I would just asked them the same question, they designed those amps. I would be interested in their thoughts also.

support.audio@powersoft.it

--- End quote ---
That's the sort of information that SHOULD be in the RTFM.....
Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version