ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Driverack PA2 - mixing passive tops and active sub  (Read 4045 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Driverack PA2 - mixing passive tops and active sub
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 10:35:21 PM »

Doing a small set up at a friends bar using all the equipment on hand

This will be used by multiply people a week mostly who have little to no experience. I would like to use the driverack as a way to keep the novice users from blowing the speakers out and keeping the EQ steady.

Any tips or things to look out for would be much appreciated!

Unfortunately in that situation even the simple Yamaha MG10 mixer you have has too many knobs.
In this case your walking a fine line between giving them a system with some capability and how long it is till something is blown up.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 11:00:39 PM »

Interesting, so I could in theory use the crossover in the PX500 and just send a signal to the QSC sub even though it has it's own amp? I was worried about sending a powered signal to the sub. So that's a non-issue?

Depends what you mean by a "powered signal". You cannot connect the speaker outputs from the amp to the powered sub but you can link from the 1/4 TRS jacks that are right next to the XLR inputs on the amp, electrically that is the same as the link outputs on the sub.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 11:00:39 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.