Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

List of not the usual suspects in audio analysis software

<< < (3/4) > >>

Scott Helmke:

--- Quote from: Bob Faulkner on May 13, 2021, 10:42:19 PM ---Nice.

What OS are you using?  I'm on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.  Have yet to install Open Sound Meter.

--- End quote ---

Same as you, Ubuntu 20.04.  The only weird thing is that with my Roland Rubix-44 interface inputs 1 and 2 are showing up in Open Sound Meter as 3 and 4.  Otherwise it seems to work fine and give the same results as SMAART.

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Scott Helmke on May 13, 2021, 11:08:01 PM ---Same as you, Ubuntu 20.04.  The only weird thing is that with my Roland Rubix-44 interface inputs 1 and 2 are showing up in Open Sound Meter as 3 and 4.  Otherwise it seems to work fine and give the same results as SMAART.

--- End quote ---

Is Ubuntu still a decent distro? I was using it a lot up until about a decade ago (when I switched back to vanilla Debian after I got sick of the Ubuntu upgrade process). I think I even still have some small foil Ubuntu case stickers somewhere.

-Russ

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on May 13, 2021, 11:11:44 PM ---Is Ubuntu still a decent distro? I was using it a lot up until about a decade ago (when I switched back to vanilla Debian after I got sick of the Ubuntu upgrade process). I think I even still have some small foil Ubuntu case stickers somewhere.

-Russ

--- End quote ---

I am a RedHat guy and run Fedora on my Laptop (Thinkpad Carbon) though I am not thrilled with the 4k desktop scaling.  My desktop is a home built wreck off FVM2. 

With CentOS no longer supported I may be making the Debian swing this year.  The earth may stop rotating if Skyking runs from Redhat (you have to know some of the history of our FreePBX/Asterisk project for that to make sense).

Riley Casey:
Nothing after "Thinkpad Carbon" made sense  ::)

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on May 14, 2021, 12:38:37 AM ---
I am a RedHat guy and run Fedora on my Laptop (Thinkpad Carbon) though I am not thrilled with the 4k desktop scaling.  My desktop is a home built wreck off FVM2. 

With CentOS no longer supported I may be making the Debian swing this year.  The earth may stop rotating if Skyking runs from Redhat (you have to know some of the history of our FreePBX/Asterisk project for that to make sense).

--- End quote ---

Scott Helmke:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on May 13, 2021, 11:11:44 PM ---Is Ubuntu still a decent distro? I was using it a lot up until about a decade ago (when I switched back to vanilla Debian after I got sick of the Ubuntu upgrade process). I think I even still have some small foil Ubuntu case stickers somewhere.
--- End quote ---

It's a very friendly distro, if you're an old-school hacker type you might find it a bit too packaged.  But it's very reliable compared to Windows, and did I mention it's friendly?  I've had my now 91 years old Dad running it for a few years, and I get very few tech support calls from him about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version