ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Effects On Behringer P16?  (Read 3041 times)

Toby Marks

Effects On Behringer P16?
« on: May 10, 2021, 01:42:02 PM »

Hello,

Is it possible to have effects on the Behringer P16's? Right now there is a dry signal, is there a way to have it come out the way it is coming out of the house with the reverbs and delays?  Thank you.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
Re: Effects On Behringer P16?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 03:11:38 PM »

Short answer: yes.  Probably the best way to do it is to take a spare aux mix and send the desired amount of efx into it and then map that aux to one of the channels on the P16.  That said, I have found effects in iems and monitor mixes can often lead to intonation issues with singers.

Toby Marks

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 03:53:01 PM »

Short answer: yes.  Probably the best way to do it is to take a spare aux mix and send the desired amount of efx into it and then map that aux to one of the channels on the P16.  That said, I have found effects in iems and monitor mixes can often lead to intonation issues with singers.

Thanks for this! I will go ahead and try that.  The intonation part makes sense. We only have the band using the P16's and the vocalist are using floor monitors for now.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 05:05:27 PM »

Toby,

Good luck and update us when you try this.  Personally, I tend to set up the P16 for worship something like this:
16 - click track.
15 - backing track(s) - if you are using multiple tracks, sum them into a bus and assign it here.
14 - EFX aux mix (usually Aux 12)
13 - Drums (mix them onto Aux bus 11)
Use the other 12 as needed.  I try to have Vox 1-4 and then the other instruments as needed.  I am a bit OCD, so I try to match channel numbers with the P16 channels, to a point, and print out little strips with the channel descriptions and tape them to the P16s.

Then, have all your musos watch this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBeCasZhwCg

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 05:05:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.