ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4Bar style VS similar sized PARs  (Read 2732 times)

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
4Bar style VS similar sized PARs
« on: May 10, 2021, 11:48:52 AM »

I am looking at buying 8 PARs to wash the band stage.  I used to have Blizzard Fab5 lights and sold all of them; now I'm looking for something of similar power for my future jobs.  My lighting rig will be simple and pre-built, as I'll set-up 2 Trees (around the speakers) in front of the band to light them up.

Are the ADJ Starbar Wash/Chauvet DJ 4BAR LT QUAD BT/Chauvet DJ 4BAR Quad RGBA systems comparable to ADJ Mega Hex Par/Chauvet SlimPAR Q6 USB par lights (4x per tree).

I would control the Lights with DMX and won't rely on the foot pedal or IR remotes.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Paul G. OBrien

Re: 4Bar style VS similar sized PARs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 08:12:37 PM »

I am looking at buying 8 PARs to wash the band stage.  I used to have Blizzard Fab5 lights and sold all of them; now I'm looking for something of similar power for my future jobs. 

Why did you sell the Blizzards?

Those were 3w/color and all the others you have listed are 1w/color so none of those will have as much output.

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 12:40:56 PM »

Why did you sell the Blizzards?

Those were 3w/color and all the others you have listed are 1w/color so none of those will have as much output.

A few years back, I got out of the business and sold everything.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 06:13:17 PM »

Unless you have a very specific reason for buying the 4-Bar style of units then it's individual Pars all the way.  Not only do you have more flexibility in use and placement, you also get far more options regarding the units themselves and the quality that best fits your use and budget.  Hope this helps!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:51:43 PM »

I agree with Jeff - in my experience, the 4 Bar type lights are cheaply made and far too dim as stage washes. IMHO the only benefit  to the style is set-up convenience and they are pre wired - of course if you really need a foot switch then that too.
Grab 4 separate well priced fixtures, attach them to a T bar and connect short DMX cables and IEC cables to each.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 07:50:44 AM »

I use the Chauvet 4Bar TRi USB lights for my band.  Granted they may not be as bright, but they are light, easy to haul, have programmed remotes and quick to set up.  For most bar/wedding type gigs they work fine.  Do not go with the LT version, not bright enough.  I find that when I need more, like for festivals, the promoters bring in production that includes sound and lights.  For outdoor larger stages, the 4Bars will not work.  Just depends on the application you want them for?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 07:50:44 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.