Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

basic DMX control... computer software or iPad app?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Geert Friedhof:
Like most soundmixers only get control messages from the tablet, but pass sound via hardware, one should do the same thing with lights.

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Geert Friedhof on May 10, 2021, 02:02:50 PM ---Like most soundmixers only get control messages from the tablet, but pass sound via hardware, one should do the same thing with lights.

--- End quote ---

Luminair is tablet only.
However, I do have back-up plans in place. I take a spare art net controller to each show in case that fails, I have the hard wired iPad option if wi-fi fails, I have spare iPads (and my iphone) if the tablet I am using fails and finally if all else fails, I could just program my lights to run a slow color chase - my bar lights at the back of the stage can be controlled by remote control or auto program.

Jeff Lelko:
If sticking with Tablet then yes - Luminair would also be my recommendation. 

I agree with Geert though that generally you never want to rely on tablets or wireless exclusively for your gigs, but only you can determine the best reliability to convenience ratio for your own specific application.  Good luck!

Matt Vivlamore:
well Luminair is a bummer.. you have to pay for a subscription before I test it out.

I tried to play with MyDMX GO and it's seems to be more intended for DJs.

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Matt Vivlamore on May 17, 2021, 10:16:57 AM ---well Luminair is a bummer.. you have to pay for a subscription before I test it out.

I tried to play with MyDMX GO and it's seems to be more intended for DJs.

--- End quote ---
Subscription?  Mine was purchased.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version