Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Looking to simplify - options for a modular SOS system that sounds fantastic

<< < (2/11) > >>

Sean Anderson:
I do a simple outdoor church service with drums with just my RCF nx45a every so often and they work fantastic above 70hz. Coupled with a couple jtr 212p its a great small system. TT should be better yet, but much heavier. My nx32 don't quite have the impact of the nx45, but sound just as good and are still very loud and balanced speakers. They are at a great weight/size to output ratio and make fantastic monitors in a larger system.

I think a direct replacement with more lows might be either a used set of jtr 3tx or a new set of the 212tx. That would get you a similar output to the sm80.

Rick Powell:
I have the SM80/TH 118 combo too. My vote for a hi-quality powered portable system just underneath the current combo's capabilities would be for a Yamaha DZR 112 and a JTR powered Captivator 212 per side, you'd get a lot of mileage out of it even though it wouldn't really be "modular". The DZR series acts better as a stand alone than the previous DSR series due to its deeper low end capabilities. I guess you could bring out the TH118 if you needed more bass oomph, or have a spare set of Captivator 212s to double up your low end when needed, but then you'd be somewhere near where you are already at.

Helge A Bentsen:
Meyer Ultra-X40.
Sounds absolutely fantastic and can get LOUD if needed.
750-LFC if you want a supercompact sub.
900-LFC if you want a compact sub with more low extension and  SPL.

Phil Hatton:
Another vote for the RCF TT series. I run the older tt22aís with a TTs15 sub. The tops are cumbersome but Iím sure the mk2 versions are lighter. Iíve also just picked up the tt10a and they a great sounding small boxes that produce plenty of volume and sound great when pushed. The sub is a one man lift but not a comfortable one, however a wheel board would sort that out and the sub is fantastic, incredibly musical and controlled.

Brian Bolly:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on May 07, 2021, 02:21:44 am ---Meyer Ultra-X40.
Sounds absolutely fantastic and can get LOUD if needed.
750-LFC if you want a supercompact sub.
900-LFC if you want a compact sub with more low extension and  SPL.

--- End quote ---

^^^ This.  The X40/750 is about a 1:1 linear system.  If you're looking for the LF rise, the 900-LFC is the ticket.

For even smaller, the Ultra-X20 will get slightly louder than the older UPJ-1P and is slightly smaller than the older UPJunior.  Paired with the 750-LFC sub, it gives you the +4 to +6 dB  LF rise and will get impressively loud for a really tiny PA.  It almost defies the visual.  For reference, we have this exact PA in 3x 24x24x30 cube cases of identical size - 1 sub in each, and 2 Ultra-X22 + hardware in the 3rd. 

For true "coffee house" sized gigs, we have the USW-112P to fill out the last octave below the X22 - a sub that's 45 lbs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version