ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to simplify - options for a modular SOS system that sounds fantastic  (Read 8621 times)

Neale Watson

If your budget is >$30K, by all means go with the Meyer ...

No .. the Ultra X series are much lower price, and I found that where I am the Meyer dealer was prepared to deal

Douglas R. Allen

If you need subs, what do you run with the IG series?
What I haven't seen is someone compare the sound of a Danley box with the IG series. The providers I'm familiar with near me in Birmingham, AL only rent bigger stuff or cheaper stuff as far as I know. No in-between so not likely I'll find those in anyone's stock to demo myself. If any of you have connections down here with someone who might have a set, I'd be grateful.

I use rather loud but MI grade Yorkville LS801pb subs. They work fine for a single top as far as just keeping up but I wanted a little more when I had 2 IG4T's on top of one sub. Although I'm betting they'd be a bear to move around the new Yorkville Synergy SA115S sub may be a good match for 2 on top.  I've seen in different video's around people using DVA30 and in this video they are using SRX800's and I thought the sound of this video was good for the event.

On Youtube if you search IG4T you'll see a lot of video's with people using many different subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la7SBZsmghA

Douglas R. Allen

https://reverb.com/item/39261093-yorkville-sa115s-9000w-1x15-powered-subwoofer-new-with-full-warranty?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

The top boxes are really really nice.

Regarding the name, keep in mind who they are selling to.

Oh I'm aware. I still think it would be hard to utter the name Bassboss on a show advance. Even for a DJ.

I've only used one of his older line array things. It was OK. It could have been the provider that was "just OK" as well. Maybe the boxes were just fine! lol
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Neale Watson

^^^ This.  The X40/750 is about a 1:1 linear system.  If you're looking for the LF rise, the 900-LFC is the ticket.

For even smaller, the Ultra-X20 will get slightly louder than the older UPJ-1P and is slightly smaller than the older UPJunior.  Paired with the 750-LFC sub, it gives you the +4 to +6 dB  LF rise ...

Brian - you talk about getting some LF rise.  Simple (dumb?) question; how do you manage the lack of separate level control on the Meyer subs? Aux feed?

Thanks

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports

Brian - you talk about getting some LF rise.  Simple (dumb?) question; how do you manage the lack of separate level control on the Meyer subs? Aux feed?

Aux/bus/matrix fed, push the faders on the sources with LF higher, EQ said sources different, or put a processor in the system so you have independent EQ/level/delay for each speaker/zone —pick your flavor. 

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

Thanks for all the responses. I have questions.
This surprises me. From this can I surmise that the TT22-a is another small step down in overall output?
The TT series has certainly been in my short list.
I have considered this but not recently. It's worth another look. Thanks.
You may be on to something. I've considered that or a pair of RCF HD32a just for the smaller stuff. I haven't heard a column system that sounds as clean as a good 12" 2-way but I've only heard Bose and JBL column systems.
For anyone that has used some of these new "higher-end" column systems, do you like the sound relative to a good 12"/2-way? Which column system has been your favorite?
That looks like a solid box. I'd like to get an idea what pricing might look like.
Any Martin dealers feel free to send me a PM with a quote for a pair of the CDD-LIVE 15's and SXP subs.
I have used the DSR112 several times and really liked it for what it was. However, it wasn't nearly as "open" and clean as the SM80. I'm surprised at the recommendations for the DZR12.
Is the subjective sound quality of the DZR series really close enough to the SM80 that it would meet my criteria of "Sounds roughly as good as the SM80"?
I know the SM80 isn't perfect and there are several boxes that sound better but I would not have expected anything squarely in the MI market to get close. If it does, I'm all about some commonly-available, somewhat cheaper boxes. No one has recommended the matching sub.
Am I to assume the sub in that series is a let down like most of the previous Yamaha subs?
That looks like it checks all the boxes perfectly. Thanks for that suggestion. Pricing concerns me a bit as I have no idea what it might be.
Are there any Meyer dealers here willing to send a quote for that setup?
I've seen your videos, read your posts, and that video too a while back. I have been keenly interested in the IG series for some time. I haven't found a bad review of them. That video is particularly impressive. To get that level above a not-so-quiet crowd of that size with such a small setup is impressive.
If you need subs, what do you run with the IG series?
What I haven't seen is someone compare the sound of a Danley box with the IG series. The providers I'm familiar with near me in Birmingham, AL only rent bigger stuff or cheaper stuff as far as I know. No in-between so not likely I'll find those in anyone's stock to demo myself. If any of you have connections down here with someone who might have a set, I'd be grateful.
I so much want to swallow my pride and consider those. The DV12-MKII looks like a solid contender. I'd certainly want to hear them first. Not exactly a standard horn type there.

Corey, I am an FBT dealer also and could probably arrange demo units for the CS1000, they are in an interesting space in the market.  I think you should also take a look at the FBT Horizon system, it seems to fit your application and it uniquely scales horizontally and vertically.  FBT build quality and support is off the hook.  B&C drivers, excellent joinery and finished on the cabinet, it take a licken and keeps on ticken!  The Horizon fits in the same basic space as the X40 at a much lower cost. 

Drop me a PM if you would like a demo or just to chat about my ideas.  Good luck!

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast

My bad on the >$30K... I received a quote on them about 15-16 months ago and wasn't recalling the number clearly.

It's still a significant investment... for comparison, you could probably buy *almost* 8x SM80 (again, depending on the deal one might negotiate) for the cost of the X40 rig. I'm not sure that it sounds that much better - my demo was indoors with some reflective surfaces, so it wasn't ideal.

Andrew Olsen

My two cents.
I have the IG4T, the DZR 12 and the DZR 10, and the Captivator 2 12.
I haven’t mixed on the DSL stuff, but I have gigged with it.

I think the “high end column” sounds just as good as the 1 12 plus horn.
I haven’t had either wide open, but suspect the DZR12 is louder.
I also think the SM80 sounds better than either, but not by much.
I prefer the Db IG4T to the DZR12 for how they sound.
I generally use 1 IG4T over 1 Captivator 212 for mains, Yamaha’s for monitoring.

I’m in the same spot as you, 1 man rig, want good sound and easy set up.
I came in under budget, thanks to help from this websites members.
In the future, if I need more, looking to add 2 extra IG4Ts.
Am now thinking of the smallest Bassboss sub for drum wedge.
I could also use it as a single sub in conjunction with the 2DZR10s for a small rig.
Recently got a small board from Mike P. for just that purpose.
I really like the DZR10s!! Thanks Mike.

Douglas R. Allen

My two cents.
I have the IG4T, the DZR 12 and the DZR 10, and the Captivator 2 12.
I haven’t mixed on the DSL stuff, but I have gigged with it.

I think the “high end column” sounds just as good as the 1 12 plus horn.
I haven’t had either wide open, but suspect the DZR12 is louder.
I also think the SM80 sounds better than either, but not by much.
I prefer the Db IG4T to the DZR12 for how they sound.
I generally use 1 IG4T over 1 Captivator 212 for mains, Yamaha’s for monitoring.

I’m in the same spot as you, 1 man rig, want good sound and easy set up.
I came in under budget, thanks to help from this websites members.
In the future, if I need more, looking to add 2 extra IG4Ts.
Am now thinking of the smallest Bassboss sub for drum wedge.
I could also use it as a single sub in conjunction with the 2DZR10s for a small rig.
Recently got a small board from Mike P. for just that purpose.
I really like the DZR10s!! Thanks Mike.

I see you have some IG4T's used with Captivator 212's.  I use 1 - IG4T with 1 LS801pb ( also IG2T's ) and like the 1 to 1 setup. With 2 IG4T tops to 1 sub ratio I feel the single sub is reaching. How do you like the Captivator 212 with the single top. Do you feel if pushed both would limit at the same time or subs first etc?

Thanks;
Douglas R. Allen

Jay Marr

I see you have some IG4T's used with Captivator 212's.  I use 1 - IG4T with 1 LS801pb ( also IG2T's ) and like the 1 to 1 setup. With 2 IG4T tops to 1 sub ratio I feel the single sub is reaching. How do you like the Captivator 212 with the single top. Do you feel if pushed both would limit at the same time or subs first etc?

Thanks;
Douglas R. Allen

A lot of love for the IG4T's.   Curious if either of you have compared them to RCF NX24?

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.