ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing Ev Dx38 with EV Dx46  (Read 667 times)

Conrad Muzoora

• Mbarara, Uganda. www.koolinvestments.co.ug
    • Kool Events Uganda
Replacing Ev Dx38 with EV Dx46
« on: May 21, 2021, 07:46:26 PM »

Hi all,

Hope you are all well and coping with the pandemic whilst preparing for life to normalize.
So I used to run a 4 way system with a pair of EV dx38s on my good old EV MTH 2.5/64, some custom 15" lows and some EV Qrx 218s subs. All were well dialed in (I guess) playing nicely and i hope they still will after years of lockdowns. Recently I got a good deal and sold off the pair of Dx38 and luckily got a pair of EV Dx46s for almost the same price used on Ebay.

I have spent a couple of days playing around with them and reading the manual and am confident i can reproduce my dx38 settings in them and may be more. Obviously the upgrade was also looking at a possible future of replacing these old MTH boxes with some nice EV XLC 127+ or DVX line array God willing. I do miss the gain knobs on the dx38s but well, i can do without these.

My main question however is that I used to operate the dx38s with the output gain knobs at 12 o'clock position, which was labeled -6db and I would adjust the output levels internally as needed (Just to leave room for manual adjustment as needed). Now the Dx46 has no gain knobs obviously, and has this -6db pad on the input. Am kind of confused on how to bring the overall level to where am used to so that my boys can run the FOH mixer to the same range/limits as before without messing up something..... Do I keep the -6db pad or turn it off to be roughly in the same ball park as before???
Thanks
Conrad

ProSoundWeb Community

Replacing Ev Dx38 with EV Dx46
« on: May 21, 2021, 07:46:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.