Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Projector Shutter

<< < (2/2)

Scott Hofmann:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on May 04, 2022, 12:39:39 PM ---I elected to go with the Northlight dowser since this is fairly visible in my situation and it just appeared nicer.  I have used Northlight products in the past and have been pleased-but I can't recommend this one.  They say in the manual that it is somewhat noisy and chatters-but that that is the fault of the servo and nothing can be done.  I found out that the chatter makes it really unusable in my case-so I did some bench testing with a servo and servo tester I had on hand.  Both servos are smooth as silk on the tester and both servos chatter on the Northlight control so blaming the servo is silly.

--- End quote ---
If you haven't already, I would relay the results of your experiment to James Cart at Northlight. He is really interested in customer feedback and I'm sure you will hear back from him.

Stephen Swaffer:
I will send an e-mail.  Given the disclaimer in the manual, I assumed-perhaps wrongly-they were not interested in hearing of any issues with the product.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version