ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital mixers firmware increased channel count?  (Read 2193 times)

Joris Jans2

• Vester Theater Techniek
Re: Digital mixers firmware increased channel count?
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 08:58:32 AM »

What digital mixers have increased their channel count capabilities with firmware alone? I am not referring to the hardware necessary to add more preamps. The one I am aware of is the Avid SC48 it went from 48 channels to 64 channels with just a firmware update. Are there any other ones that come to mind?
Digico SD serie
Digico S-21
Soundcraft SI mixers (impact comes to mind)

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 08:56:54 AM »

Soundcraft Si Impact went from 32+4 stereo to 64+8 stereo with the V2 update...free of charge.  32x16 on the back and 2 card slots (64x64 & 64x32) for stage boxes or other I/O

Lots of desk for around $2500 MAP
I've used the Expression and Impact consoles a bunch and they are a good value, but I have always found the lack of keying/sidechaining and AMM absolutely astounding. I can't think of a digital mixer that doesn't have [at LEAST] those built-in. Surely a firmware upgrade would be all that is needed - I think doing that would put them in a unique spot due to the fairly high channel count (80 mix channels on the Impact).
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 08:56:54 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.