ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The latest consumer crisis...  (Read 7013 times)

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: The latest consumer crisis...
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 11:32:51 AM »

They tried something like that already - breeding chickens with a dozen legs.

Problem was, nobody could catch one to find out how they tasted.

LOL ;D ;D
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 04:57:28 AM »

Part of it is people to process the chicken, supply and demand.

Wings come in 40 pound cases.  Consider $120/case. Easy, now we have 40 orders of one pound each.  Cost of goods for each order is $3.00, plus a very small amount for sauce and garnish. Depending your target food cost, sell price is $12, for 25% food cost target, maybe $12.50 to cover the extras.

Wings are now reaching $140 per case.  That's $14 sell price to meet that target margin.   Some places are not offering wings at the moment.

That's a lot for wings.  The businesses who have a wing-based business are really feeling it. A food service representative told me he thought Wing Stop might not make it when this happened a few years back. 

Avocados went to $99 per case a couple of years, up from $32.  We stopped guacamole until the price came back down.

If the parsley farmer doesn't pay his bills will they garnish his wages?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 02:56:45 PM »

If the parsley farmer doesn't pay his bills will they garnish his wages?

Don't know about that, but if millennials don't get their avocado toast someone will have a rough day.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 08:02:59 PM »

I just find it odd that the news seems to be reporting that EVERYTHING will either be or is in shortage..... Computer chips, gas, chicken wings, what next, are taquitos going to suddenly be hard to find?
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2021, 10:20:58 PM »

I just find it odd that the news seems to be reporting that EVERYTHING will either be or is in shortage..... Computer chips, gas, chicken wings, what next, are taquitos going to suddenly be hard to find?

Ssssh!  I've got a freezer full right now, don't tell anyone!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 01:29:30 AM »

Don't know about that, but if millennials don't get their avocado toast someone will have a rough day.

Is this really needed? Up until now this thread has been full of jokes that we can all laugh about together (or groan, in the case of Scott Holtzman's brutal one-liner that I'm definitely going to borrow).

Why post a joke that divides the group into "people who are the butt of the joke" and "everyone else"? Isn't it better when we can all laugh together?

-Russ

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 12:42:48 PM »

Guacamole on a bagel - existed before generational labels.

I'm happy to throw know-it-all young'uns under the bus, just like I did the old, boring folks 40 years ago.. ;)

edit ps:  I'm ambivalent on the chicken wings but if there's a coffee crisis... look out.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 12:47:15 PM »

I've learned that some of the most enjoyable people to be around are ones that can laugh at themselves-even when that means they are the butt of a joke about stereotypes.

Last week at a youth meeting, one of our speakers made fun of the stereotypical way he handled his very first solo pastoral hospital visit.  It won the kids over to him immediately.  We all have our quirks-that's what makes life interesting.  I have a room set up for electronics tinkering-my boys call it my "nerd room".  Should I be offended?
Steve Swaffer

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2021, 06:35:10 PM »

I've learned that some of the most enjoyable people to be around are ones that can laugh at themselves-even when that means they are the butt of a joke about stereotypes.

Last week at a youth meeting, one of our speakers made fun of the stereotypical way he handled his very first solo pastoral hospital visit.  It won the kids over to him immediately.  We all have our quirks-that's what makes life interesting.  I have a room set up for electronics tinkering-my boys call it my "nerd room".  Should I be offended?

Life is too short to take yourself seriously.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2021, 08:10:09 PM »

Is this really needed? Up until now this thread has been full of jokes that we can all laugh about together (or groan, in the case of Scott Holtzman's brutal one-liner that I'm definitely going to borrow).

Why post a joke that divides the group into "people who are the butt of the joke" and "everyone else"? Isn't it better when we can all laugh together?

-Russ

Surely you forgot the "sarcasm" tag.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2021, 08:10:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.