Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

What mic for audience comments?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mike Caldwell:
If you do room fix mics do you plan to bring those into the PA and amplify it or only send it to the live stream?

Bill Jones:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on April 29, 2021, 11:25:10 pm ---If you do room fix mics do you plan to bring those into the PA and amplify it or only send it to the live stream?

--- End quote ---

We would do both. We have separate sliders on our sound board so that we can control them separately.

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Bill Jones on April 30, 2021, 09:02:37 am ---We would do both. We have separate sliders on our sound board so that we can control them separately.

--- End quote ---

The loudest sound at the mic - wins.  Distance from mouth to mic is not your friend. 

Lots of hanging mini-shotgun mics can kind of work, but that's expensive and ugly. 

Bill Jones:

--- Quote from: Caleb Dueck on April 30, 2021, 11:31:30 am ---The loudest sound at the mic - wins.  Distance from mouth to mic is not your friend. 

Lots of hanging mini-shotgun mics can kind of work, but that's expensive and ugly.

--- End quote ---

I was hoping there was a magic bullet, but the more I think about this, the more I think shotgun mics is not a good idea. We will probably stick with what we have - roving wireless mic.

John L Nobile:

--- Quote from: Bill Jones on April 30, 2021, 03:13:45 pm ---I was hoping there was a magic bullet, but the more I think about this, the more I think shotgun mics is not a good idea. We will probably stick with what we have - roving wireless mic.

--- End quote ---

As much as a pain roving mics are, they seem to be the best solution. I've seen mics taped to a pole to get them in the middle of the aisle. I think we use hockey sticks for that in Canada. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version