ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightweight active 12 subs. FBT Subline 112sa vs RCF 702asII or other?  (Read 276 times)

Richard Penrose

Hi,

Im interested in getting some lightweight active 12 subs and the FBT Subline 112sa and RCF702asII are top of my list under 800.
The RCF has a max spl of 129dB and the FBT goes to 133dB but I dont know how this was measured.

Has anyone heard both of these subs?
If there anything else you could recommend around this price that weighs around 22kg or less?

Caleb Dueck

Hi,

Im interested in getting some lightweight active 12 subs and the FBT Subline 112sa and RCF702asII are top of my list under 800.
The RCF has a max spl of 129dB and the FBT goes to 133dB but I dont know how this was measured.

Has anyone heard both of these subs?
If there anything else you could recommend around this price that weighs around 22kg or less?

What drivers do they use?

Max SPL numbers are pretty much meaningless.

What do the frequency response graphs look like?  Sometimes you get more bass from the main speakers than a baby "subwoofer". 

Why a 12" driver?  Driver diameter doesn't equal performance level.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Richard Penrose

What drivers do they use?

Max SPL numbers are pretty much meaningless.

What do the frequency response graphs look like?  Sometimes you get more bass from the main speakers than a baby "subwoofer". 

Why a 12" driver?  Driver diameter doesn't equal performance level.

Hi,

Im not sure what the models of the drivers are in these.

I specified a 12 because of size and weight. Ive been using a pair of QSC KW181s with a pair of Yamaha DXR15s but I dont really need a pa this size anymore as Im mostly doing acoustic gigs.
I just use the DXR15s by themselves these days and Ive been able to put a little kick and bass through them. Ive even run a fully miked kit through them on a few occasions and the DXR15s did a surprisingly good job.

I was considering getting a small system like the FBT VN2000 or a pair of RCF HD10s over the 702asII subs as I would expect this to outperform a single pair of DXR15s whilst keeping the weight and size down?

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.