Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Lightweight active 12” subs. FBT Subline 112sa vs RCF 702asII or other?

(1/2) > >>

Richard Penrose:
Hi,

I’m interested in getting some lightweight active 12” subs and the FBT Subline 112sa and RCF702asII are top of my list under £800.
The RCF has a max spl of 129dB and the FBT goes to 133dB but I don’t know how this was measured.

Has anyone heard both of these subs?
If there anything else you could recommend around this price that weighs around 22kg or less?

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on April 29, 2021, 02:40:34 AM ---Hi,

I’m interested in getting some lightweight active 12” subs and the FBT Subline 112sa and RCF702asII are top of my list under £800.
The RCF has a max spl of 129dB and the FBT goes to 133dB but I don’t know how this was measured.

If there anything else you could recommend around this price that weighs around 22kg or less?

--- End quote ---

What drivers do they use?

Max SPL numbers are pretty much meaningless.

What do the frequency response graphs look like?  Sometimes you get more bass from the main speakers than a baby "subwoofer". 

Why a 12" driver?  Driver diameter doesn't equal performance level.

Richard Penrose:

--- Quote from: Caleb Dueck on April 30, 2021, 11:07:10 AM ---What drivers do they use?

Max SPL numbers are pretty much meaningless.

What do the frequency response graphs look like?  Sometimes you get more bass from the main speakers than a baby "subwoofer". 

Why a 12" driver?  Driver diameter doesn't equal performance level.

--- End quote ---

Hi,

I’m not sure what the models of the drivers are in these.

I specified a 12” because of size and weight. I’ve been using a pair of QSC KW181’s with a pair of Yamaha DXR15’s but I don’t really need a pa this size anymore as I’m mostly doing acoustic gigs.
I just use the DXR15’s by themselves these days and I’ve been able to put a little kick and bass through them. I’ve even run a fully miked kit through them on a few occasions and the DXR15’s did a surprisingly good job.

I was considering getting a small system like the FBT VN2000 or a pair of RCF HD10’s over the 702asII subs as I would expect this to outperform a single pair of DXR15’s whilst keeping the weight and size down?

Rob Bernstein:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on April 29, 2021, 02:40:34 AM ---Hi,

--- End quote ---
I bought a pair of SUB 702-AS II last year to use with the wedding band I run sound for. Have been using SUB-905AS MKII and very happy with them, but in some venues they are overkill and we don't have the space for both of them. I've been very impressed with the 702's, and while they certainly don't thump like the 905's, they are so small and so light that I can overlook the lack of whack. Granted, I'm doing mostly weddings, and this isn't a concert. But for smaller rooms they are awesome. I'm running a pair of EAW RS123's on top and the rig can get fairly loud.

Mal Brown:
Nice looking rig.   I personally would have my tops on tripods and use scrim for the wedding look.     Those tops look a bit large to be supported by such a small base.  I've done some high wind events where that would scare me... not to mention the occasional drunk-fest (um, enthusiastic drinking) wedding...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version