Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Lightweight active 12Ē subs. FBT Subline 112sa vs RCF 702asII or other?

(1/1)

Richard Penrose:
Hi,

Iím interested in getting some lightweight active 12Ē subs and the FBT Subline 112sa and RCF702asII are top of my list under £800.
The RCF has a max spl of 129dB and the FBT goes to 133dB but I donít know how this was measured.

Has anyone heard both of these subs?
If there anything else you could recommend around this price that weighs around 22kg or less?

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on April 29, 2021, 02:40:34 am ---Hi,

Iím interested in getting some lightweight active 12Ē subs and the FBT Subline 112sa and RCF702asII are top of my list under £800.
The RCF has a max spl of 129dB and the FBT goes to 133dB but I donít know how this was measured.

Has anyone heard both of these subs?
If there anything else you could recommend around this price that weighs around 22kg or less?

--- End quote ---

What drivers do they use?

Max SPL numbers are pretty much meaningless.

What do the frequency response graphs look like?  Sometimes you get more bass from the main speakers than a baby "subwoofer". 

Why a 12" driver?  Driver diameter doesn't equal performance level.

Richard Penrose:

--- Quote from: Caleb Dueck on April 30, 2021, 11:07:10 am ---What drivers do they use?

Max SPL numbers are pretty much meaningless.

What do the frequency response graphs look like?  Sometimes you get more bass from the main speakers than a baby "subwoofer". 

Why a 12" driver?  Driver diameter doesn't equal performance level.

--- End quote ---

Hi,

Iím not sure what the models of the drivers are in these.

I specified a 12Ē because of size and weight. Iíve been using a pair of QSC KW181ís with a pair of Yamaha DXR15ís but I donít really need a pa this size anymore as Iím mostly doing acoustic gigs.
I just use the DXR15ís by themselves these days and Iíve been able to put a little kick and bass through them. Iíve even run a fully miked kit through them on a few occasions and the DXR15ís did a surprisingly good job.

I was considering getting a small system like the FBT VN2000 or a pair of RCF HD10ís over the 702asII subs as I would expect this to outperform a single pair of DXR15ís whilst keeping the weight and size down?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version