ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best current WAP/Router for any consoles and Lab Gruppen amps these days  (Read 18909 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Best current WAP/Router for any consoles and Lab Gruppen amps these days
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2022, 10:56:57 AM »

Sounds reasonable :)
How do I bound the DHCP to the bridge interface?
If I understand this correctly, the DHCP will hand out adresses for both LAN units and Wifi units with this method?

Edit: Looks like it works when I add both ports to the bridge and set them to trusted :)

Edit 2: How do I set the DHCP range to start at a higher range than x.x.x.1?
I wish to keep the DHCP from distributing addresses below 100 in case someone plugs a d:live into the network...

Go to IP/Services/DHCP servers and change the scope to whatever you like.

The bridge  is a layer two device, so you have an Ethernet and a Wifi interface, you will receive DHCP broadcast messages from wither interface attached to the bridge.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2022, 02:10:41 PM »

Go to IP/Services/DHCP servers and change the scope to whatever you like.

The bridge  is a layer two device, so you have an Ethernet and a Wifi interface, you will receive DHCP broadcast messages from wither interface attached to the bridge.

I found the scope, but there was no logical way to set a range that's not defined by the subnet mask.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2022, 04:21:40 PM »

I found the scope, but there was no logical way to set a range that's not defined by the subnet mask.

You can't serve a DHCP range to a network that the device doesn't have an interface to (or a route). 

You are trying to serve a subnet outside the range assigned to the IP interface (you can create more)? 

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2022, 02:41:02 AM »

You can't serve a DHCP range to a network that the device doesn't have an interface to (or a route). 

You are trying to serve a subnet outside the range assigned to the IP interface (you can create more)?

Let me explain what I ran into :)

I added the DHCP to the bridge and added both ports (wifi/cable) to the bridge.
Both sides get ip address from the DHCP server in the same range and can talk to each other. I can successfully ping fron a wifi device to a cable device and back again.
But, I can't find a way to define how to set ip address range on the DHCP that's not defined by the subnet mask.
The default setting is 192.168.1.0/24, that gives me all the addresses from 1-254.
I can modify it by setting various breakers, for example /26 wich gives me another range.

But, I haven't found a way to say I want the adresses 192.168.1.101-192.168.1.254 as the DHCP range.
I can live with using the whole range as it is, but I'd like to keep it above 101 because at some point someone with a d:live will show up and connect to the network, and that can lead to interesting things happening to my network.. (been there, got the t-shirt).

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2022, 12:57:36 PM »

Let me explain what I ran into :)

I added the DHCP to the bridge and added both ports (wifi/cable) to the bridge.
Both sides get ip address from the DHCP server in the same range and can talk to each other. I can successfully ping fron a wifi device to a cable device and back again.
But, I can't find a way to define how to set ip address range on the DHCP that's not defined by the subnet mask.
The default setting is 192.168.1.0/24, that gives me all the addresses from 1-254.
I can modify it by setting various breakers, for example /26 wich gives me another range.

But, I haven't found a way to say I want the adresses 192.168.1.101-192.168.1.254 as the DHCP range.
I can live with using the whole range as it is, but I'd like to keep it above 101 because at some point someone with a d:live will show up and connect to the network, and that can lead to interesting things happening to my network.. (been there, got the t-shirt).

I am sure there is a way to do that, let me take a look.  I will take the router with me, I have a bunch of down time on a trip.

thx

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2022, 12:57:36 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.