ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bass through an 8" powered speaker.  (Read 3358 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Bass through an 8" powered speaker.
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2021, 08:45:54 PM »

Wait, don't you have a pet bass player (hang on, that's not how you spell "husband", is it?) at home who could help out a bit?

Plug him into the DXR, turn it up, see whether the DXR complains before the neighbours do  ;)

OK, it's not the same as having the specific musician at hand, or the rest of his band as background noise, but it'll give you a more realistic idea than a bunch of blokes on t'internet.

(Though, this bloke on t'internet also thinks that with some sensible EQ, you'll most likely get away with it.)

I do have a personal bass player who happens to live with me so yes I could ask him to check it out as loud as he can get it before it gets silly!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mal Brown

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2021, 03:57:30 PM »

I giggled with a K12 for a season.  Took my pedal board to the mixer, took an aux.  Put acoustic guitar, bass and kick in it.  Just an extra wedge.  Rest of the band got bass in their monitor if they wanted it.  Mostly we cue off the guitar and kick ...

I went back to using my 12/6 and the band was like, oh that's much better.  12/6 is smooth down to about 40.  I run a high pass and low pass filter on my bass.  The filter as I recall is around 100, gentle tool off.  Drummer boy has a fat deep sounding kick so I give him the bottom.

I don't eq my bass in isolation.  I eq in relation to the kick.  just like when I'm at FOH...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2021, 03:57:30 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.