Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Driverack PA2 - mixing passive tops and active sub

<< < (2/3) > >>

Paul G. OBrien:

--- Quote from: Keith Miller on May 05, 2021, 01:42:26 PM ---Right now I've got the Yamaha mixer outs going to the QSC sub then out sub pass through to the amp. Not sure if this is the right way to do it.
--- End quote ---
Yes that is perfectly fine. Electrically it doesn't matter if you go to the sub or the power amp first so use whatever wiring scheme is logistically convenient.

Brian Jojade:

--- Quote from: Keith Miller on April 24, 2021, 07:22:39 PM ---Doing a small set up at a friends bar using all the equipment on hand

This will be used by multiply people a week mostly who have little to no experience. I would like to use the driverack as a way to keep the novice users from blowing the speakers out and keeping the EQ steady.

Any tips or things to look out for would be much appreciated!

--- End quote ---

A driverack isn't going to keep people from blowing stuff up unless you set the limiter VERY conservatively. If you want to make the system idiot proof, you need to make sure to have WAY more rig than is needed, and even then, idiots will find a way to make a mess.

Steve-White:
Once you get it setup to your liking be sure and password protect the presets.

Keith Miller:

--- Quote from: Paul G. OBrien on May 05, 2021, 06:33:08 PM --- Yes that is perfectly fine. Electrically it doesn't matter if you go to the sub or the power amp first so use whatever wiring scheme is logistically convenient.

--- End quote ---

Interesting, so I could in theory use the crossover in the PX500 and just send a signal to the QSC sub even though it has it's own amp? I was worried about sending a powered signal to the sub. So that's a non-issue?

Keith Miller:

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on May 06, 2021, 02:56:02 PM ---A driverack isn't going to keep people from blowing stuff up unless you set the limiter VERY conservatively. If you want to make the system idiot proof, you need to make sure to have WAY more rig than is needed, and even then, idiots will find a way to make a mess.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I'm guessing the limiters in the amp and sub will be enough but I'm still wanting to explore using the driverack to prevent a DJ/KJ pushing the system way to hard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version