Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Driverack PA2 - mixing passive tops and active sub

<< < (3/3)

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Keith Miller on April 24, 2021, 07:22:39 PM ---Doing a small set up at a friends bar using all the equipment on hand

This will be used by multiply people a week mostly who have little to no experience. I would like to use the driverack as a way to keep the novice users from blowing the speakers out and keeping the EQ steady.

Any tips or things to look out for would be much appreciated!

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately in that situation even the simple Yamaha MG10 mixer you have has too many knobs.
In this case your walking a fine line between giving them a system with some capability and how long it is till something is blown up.

Paul G. OBrien:

--- Quote from: Keith Miller on May 06, 2021, 10:21:07 PM ---Interesting, so I could in theory use the crossover in the PX500 and just send a signal to the QSC sub even though it has it's own amp? I was worried about sending a powered signal to the sub. So that's a non-issue?
--- End quote ---

Depends what you mean by a "powered signal". You cannot connect the speaker outputs from the amp to the powered sub but you can link from the 1/4 TRS jacks that are right next to the XLR inputs on the amp, electrically that is the same as the link outputs on the sub.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version