ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with evening out sub in an amphi  (Read 4576 times)

Miguel Dahl

Re: Help with evening out sub in an amphi
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2021, 09:28:35 AM »

You may have misunderstood me. But since I have no idea what your ceiling looks like it is impossible to tell if my suggestion would even work. If the ceiling is exposed steel and there is room to tuck it up tight (aimed straight down) and possibly up in the steel it would not be noticed. The tighter to the ceiling the better it would be. But that may not be what your ceiling looks like we don’t know, only you do. I am not suggesting over the stage I would put it out from the stage. Your subs are already completely out of alignment with your mains so there is no need to try and get them close to the mains in your situation. And for this size place with this kind of usage I would only put one up there and you can keep the other one where it is in case you want to do an earthquake effect at some point.

OK a couple of other suggestions, have you tried putting them back to back with them aiming to the side walls. You might want to separate them a little bit. Or if you keep them aiming to the stage (which is how I assume they are now) play around with separating them and dropping the level of one of them a little bit. That will change where the power ally is and you might find an acceptable compromise. If you do any kind of arrangement like this when you have finalized a location be sure to mark the floor so if they are moved they can more easily be put back into the exact same location.

Right. You know what, maybe I'm to defensive on this.  I'll see if I can find a lift or a really tall ladder and see what's above those panels in the celing. If I can fly them somewhat close to the mains, that would be a huge improvement. But I'm sceptical. Money, and I'm only hired for a year.

Just using one of the 600's is not an option. A single UPQ will just say keep up or go to bed to a 600, the 600 have no chance in keeping up when the UPQ is using its potential, so it will go to bed early. A single 600 will start to limit way before the UPQ is my experience. (maybe this was reply to another post I read?)

No moving of the subs. They need to stay at the same place.

Back to back would not mitigate the vertial energy, only the horizontal along their axis.

Upcoming week the room is free, and I'll also getting a measurment mic in the mail, so then I can have a look at differences. Althought it's not needed because I can hear them. But it's nice to have it as a graphic on the screen.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 09:36:49 AM by Miguel Dahl »

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2021, 10:40:28 AM »

Right. You know what, maybe I'm to defensive on this.  I'll see if I can find a lift or a really tall ladder and see what's above those panels in the celing. If I can fly them somewhat close to the mains, that would be a huge improvement. But I'm sceptical. Money, and I'm only hired for a year.

Just using one of the 600's is not an option. A single UPQ will just say keep up or go to bed to a 600, the 600 have no chance in keeping up when the UPQ is using its potential, so it will go to bed early. A single 600 will start to limit way before the UPQ is my experience. (maybe this was reply to another post I read?)

No moving of the subs. They need to stay at the same place.

Back to back would not mitigate the vertial energy, only the horizontal along their axis.

Upcoming week the room is free, and I'll also getting a measurment mic in the mail, so then I can have a look at differences. Althought it's not needed because I can hear them. But it's nice to have it as a graphic on the screen.

So since you said removing Panels I understand now that it isn't an exposed steel ceiling that changes everything.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »

So since you said removing Panels I understand now that it isn't an exposed steel ceiling that changes everything.

My guess is that there's H-steel-bars over those panels. I'll take a look if I can.

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »

This might sound dumb, but I don't want to post pictures of my workplace.
Afraid it does, really, as it does rather make most suggestions (none of which you seem to think are practical as only you know your room) little more than pissing in the wind...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.