ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Did anybody else see this?  (Read 1495 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Did anybody else see this?
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 09:57:45 am »

With offshore manufacturing, today's supply chains are longer.

Shuttering the economy for a few weeks to bend the curve has stretched out to a year in some parts. You can't just flip the switch back on and magically have skus show up at the end of the pipeline.

The news painted such a dark picture of doom and gloom I suspect forecasts were slow to project reopening. 

Right now there are containerships backed up waiting for dock space to unload, so the switches have been turned back on. But it will take time to replenish the pipeline.

JR

PS: Last I heard those 20k containers stranded in the Suez canal, are still there as collateral for fines.
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Matthias McCready

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 10:15:42 am »

PS: Last I heard those 20k containers stranded in the Suez canal, are still there as collateral for fines.

I heard this has perhaps been the cause of a worldwide shortage of garden gnomes.  :o

Truly darks days indeed?  ???  ;D
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 01:08:53 pm »

One interesting thing is I had a supplier tell me that, due to the supply chain issues, radios and spare parts for the radios I have been using (originally purchased from them) were long lead times and/or impossible to get.  Funny thing, I found that alternate supplier I had originally considered as an alternative could get me the radios and spares just fine.  Makes me wonder the real reason for the supply issue, in their case?
Steve Swaffer

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 10:33:36 pm »

Did you hear about the Mc Donald's broken ice cream machine conspiracy?

I won't say it's likely that there is a little bit of some similar action going on in the shipping world. You can still buy new JBL SRX speakers if you look hard enough. Where are those coming from? They have been discontinued for years.

The news is saying gas will be unavailable mid summer.... Who knows. Almost everything they have said is BS. Now I believe that the recent shipping conundrum is a real thing, but you must bet that there is some handshaking going on to secure who is going to get what containers first.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 11:31:26 pm »

Did you hear about the Mc Donald's broken ice cream machine conspiracy?

I won't say it's likely that there is a little bit of some similar action going on in the shipping world. You can still buy new JBL SRX speakers if you look hard enough. Where are those coming from? They have been discontinued for years.

The news is saying gas will be unavailable mid summer.... Who knows. Almost everything they have said is BS. Now I believe that the recent shipping conundrum is a real thing, but you must bet that there is some handshaking going on to secure who is going to get what containers first.

I believe the USA is a net exporter of oil.  That in and of itself doesn't insure against shortages but it makes it much more likely to be manageable.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 11:00:29 am »

I believe the USA is a net exporter of oil.  That in and of itself doesn't insure against shortages but it makes it much more likely to be manageable.
We became a net exporter only a year or so ago.

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

John Fruits

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2021, 06:14:21 pm »

This just got posted on another forum so there may be a slowdown of new shipments from Taiwan.
https://taiwanenglishnews.com/container-ship-collision-at-port-of-kaohsiung-causes-crane-collapse-one-injured/
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2021, 06:14:21 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.