ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Did anybody else see this?  (Read 3159 times)

scottstephens

Did anybody else see this?
« on: April 20, 2021, 03:07:22 PM »

Hey All,

One of my gear suppliers, N.S.L. out of Pittsburgh, has on their website the lots of manufacturers can't fulfill  some orders until after JULY 1.  These include: AKG, QSC, Neumann, Yamaha, JBL, Crown, Soundcraft, and Tascam.

It doesn't say why but I am guessing computer chip problems.  Does anybody have any insights into this?

Scott

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Did anybody else see this?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 03:50:35 PM »

Hey All,

One of my gear suppliers, N.S.L. out of Pittsburgh, has on their website the lots of manufacturers can't fulfill  some orders until after JULY 1.  These include: AKG, QSC, Neumann, Yamaha, JBL, Crown, Soundcraft, and Tascam.

It doesn't say why but I am guessing computer chip problems.  Does anybody have any insights into this?

Scott
Maybe the containers are still stuck in the suez canal... the canal is open but the containers are still stuck on the boat that is parked there.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 05:29:24 PM »

Maybe the containers are still stuck in the suez canal... the canal is open but the containers are still stuck on the boat that is parked there.

JR

There is also a container log jam at Port of Los Angeles.  https://www.ttnews.com/articles/port-officials-retailers-see-congestion-lasting-months

Mac

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 05:50:18 PM »

There is also a container log jam at Port of Los Angeles.  https://www.ttnews.com/articles/port-officials-retailers-see-congestion-lasting-months

Mac
At the day job, we have been advised minimum 1 month delay on any container and at that we have to pay a "premium" of between 1,800 and 3,000 US$ to even GET a container. Problem seems to be a lot of containers went to not so popular ports due to emergency shipping of "stuff" all over the world. No one wants to go and retrieve those "lost" containers.

Due to backups at major ports,  boats are now making "Ghost Voyages" to not back up the schedules.
Lets say XIN Africa has voyages from Ningbo to Vancouver, 68E, 69E, 70E and 71E. Well,  they actually don't sail the 70E voyage, and that gives 71E a chance to be closer to on-time. But, that's thousands of containers NOT shipped....
This pandemic has thrown Ocean Freight into a nightmare.
Of 40 containers this year, 8 were "bumped", 3 are waiting to be loaded (a few weeks now), and 2 are "on the water". somewhere. Forwarders can't say where, or when the boats will dock.

Tough to sell stock that is vaporware......

Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 03:48:52 PM »

Tough to sell stock that is vaporware......
Where's Bernie Madoff when you need him? Oh, forgot he died in prison a week ago..

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 04:58:09 PM »

The just in time economy has no room for surprises.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 08:29:22 PM »

Where's Bernie Madoff when you need him? Oh, forgot he died in prison a week ago..

Proposed satirical title for a documentary:  "Swindler's List"
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 09:16:19 PM »

The just in time economy has no room for surprises.
In our case, normally, it is 2-1/2 to 3 months from when I place an order until it gets to our warehouse....
Only 20 days or so is actually "on the water" time..
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 10:49:58 AM »

Hey All,
Scott

To make a general statement like that is a little Bogus.. It is very product specific, resellers need to check with the manufactures carefully before making orders. Unless the reseller has Stock on hand.( that is king right now)

I ordered about 20k worth of AWC and CDI from Harman last week and it got here 5 days later.( Normal for 3 pallettes cross country.. I did have to adjust my order a little bit so i did not get caught in backorder hell. Ordered another 5k from Shure ( QLX)  and it was here next day.. Ordered Tascam and Denon from a local vendor who had stock and gave me a nice discount..

Sometimes you have to call more than one person.. Sometimes you need to go buy retail.. You want the sale, you need to make it happen, OR wait..

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 08:12:17 AM »

Supply problems are happening all over.

The manufacturers are having problems getting parts/supplies.

I am hearing it from everybody.

Better get what you can, while you can. 
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 08:12:17 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.