ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: small line array  (Read 5190 times)

Tamar Ghobria

small line array
« on: April 19, 2021, 04:24:14 PM »

Was looking to build a small line array...something comparable to an rcf hdl6a....but they are backordered for two months.......Is there anything else out there that is similar in size and output?

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Re: small line array
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 06:15:19 PM »

Without knowing what type of events you plan on doing, I think the RCF HDL-10A would be a better option.  Also, take a look at dbTechnologies.   They may have other options for you.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 07:09:15 PM »

DB Technologies is a sister company of RCF and offers similar (not identical) products.  EAW has some smaller offereings in their Radius RSX and KF series, as does D.A.S.  The Presonus CDL12P is an interesting constant curve array, and many companies offer smaller line source "column" type systems that can work well in smaller venues. There are more, but remember for smaller venues (and many venues of all sizes) a "line array" may be a poor choice.  If you don't have taller ceilings to "fly" the array and don't have an array length that approaches 8 to 10 feet of length, you should look at other options.  A four foot long "line array" really will not produce the line source effect that line arrays should emulate, and are far more expensive that very good point source systems.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 11:23:36 PM »

Was looking to build a small line array...something comparable to an rcf hdl6a....but they are backordered for two months.......Is there anything else out there that is similar in size and output?

What is your budget?
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 07:23:52 AM »

What is your budget?

Around 15k....needs to be powered not passive....lightweight...RCF HDL6 fits my needs but is back ordered..

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 07:24:23 AM »

Without knowing what type of events you plan on doing, I think the RCF HDL-10A would be a better option.  Also, take a look at dbTechnologies.   They may have other options for you.

Mostly mobile dj events....some corporate public speaking also

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 07:25:33 AM »

DB Technologies is a sister company of RCF and offers similar (not identical) products.  EAW has some smaller offereings in their Radius RSX and KF series, as does D.A.S.  The Presonus CDL12P is an interesting constant curve array, and many companies offer smaller line source "column" type systems that can work well in smaller venues. There are more, but remember for smaller venues (and many venues of all sizes) a "line array" may be a poor choice.  If you don't have taller ceilings to "fly" the array and don't have an array length that approaches 8 to 10 feet of length, you should look at other options.  A four foot long "line array" really will not produce the line source effect that line arrays should emulate, and are far more expensive that very good point source systems.

Line array probably is not needed but clients ask for it and I am losing too many jobs because I don't own one...needs to be a lightweight powered system...RCF HDL6 works but backordered for 6 weeks

MikeHarris

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 07:48:52 AM »

where are you.
how many did you need to start
i may have a secret source

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 08:04:26 AM »

where are you.
how many did you need to start
i may have a secret source

Long Island New York...please message me

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 03:17:34 PM »

Line array probably is not needed but clients ask for it and I am losing too many jobs because I don't own one...needs to be a lightweight powered system...RCF HDL6 works but backordered for 6 weeks

Clients asking is the best reason.  Depending on audience size you can get away with 4 tops and as many subs as you need.   EDM playback is much more forgiving than live in that way.

What do you have for subs?
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 03:17:34 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.