ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Stupid, Frikin' Doors are locked!!!!  (Read 1650 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: The Stupid, Frikin' Doors are locked!!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 08:26:45 pm »

I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but I've always assumed Timmy Ho's was popular for its symbolic properties, rather than its actually quality.

-Russ

Kind of like Starbucks.  What is lacking in the product is compensated for by their ubiquity.  Horton's may not be great coffee but you can get it almost everywhere in Canada.

Now to re-wright the ship of topicality... anyone watch The Lockpicking Lawyer and/or Bosnian Bill on YooToob?
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 08:56:51 pm »

I don't drink coffee myself, but the various folks I've given the cards to over the years are appreciative that I appreciate their efforts. Like I said, grease the wheels a bit.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 09:30:41 pm »

..............From that point on, I always made sure to do a site survey, no matter what, and I also learned the value of having a generator available at a moment's notice. A Honda EU6500/7000 would've been a heckuva lot easier (and cheaper to rent vs buying 4x100ft cords). Live and learn.

Oh yeah, I think the problem is that most people don't know what power really is.  Yes, self-contained for electricity is the only way to go - always take an inverter genny these days.  Also, keep a large craftsman tool bag in the truck with bottled water, insect repellent and a couple of rolls of toilet paper.  Protein bars.

Anybody else ever notice how it's a good idea to get to know and be nice to the janitor(s)?

When you need a favour or information, he's the one who can help you.

He (or she) is probably also the one who will be the last one there cleaning up when you're loading out.   ::)

GTD

Learned this one working in aerospace years ago.  When we'd come in on saturdays, I'd pick up breakfast burrito's, my lead the Starbucks - we always covered the janitors too.

Need to get into any locked door anywhere on the facility with the exception of industrial security, they have the keys and codes.  Conference rooms, closets, managers offices. everywhere.  :)

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 09:43:04 pm »

Now to re-wright the ship of topicality... anyone watch The Lockpicking Lawyer and/or Bosnian Bill on YooToob?

Ramset, still champion.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Frank Koenig

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 11:04:42 pm »

A friend just turned me on to "The Lockpicking Lawyer". Fun stuff. -F
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Brian Bolly

• A Tale of Two Continents
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2021, 04:28:56 am »

LPL is fantastic.  The dry humor (and April 1 gags) are always great.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2021, 07:41:54 am »

Pulled the hinge pins from the back door and did the load-in and sound check.  Nobody around still, shut system down ready for DJ to show up later and rehung the door.

Did a repeat performance around 2am for the load-out.  Hall was about 3 blocks from the police station.  Opened the back door and turned the lights on - not a soul around.  Finished the load-out in about 30 minutes, rehung the back door a second time and drove off.

I did the same thing years ago to load out though a hotel kitchen, yes the floor was greasy!!

Scott Helmke

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2021, 12:23:31 pm »

Kind of like Starbucks.  What is lacking in the product is compensated for by their ubiquity.  Horton's may not be great coffee but you can get it almost everywhere in Canada.

More like Dunkin' Donuts, though maybe the Canadadidianan outlets are swankier.

Riley Casey

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2021, 05:10:27 pm »

How the F did I get this far into a global pandemic with a  political insurrection chaser without seeing these videos? Thanks Tim!

Well.... I've been watching "Toyah and Robert's Sunday Lunch" on YouTube for inspiration.  Toyah Willcox and Robert Fripp.  It's confirmation that growing older does not mean growing up.  I found out Toyah and I are the same age... ;)

Spiffing some Canadian friends with T.H. gift cards, though?  I like my Canadian friends enough to do better than Horton's. :)

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2021, 05:13:33 pm »

I did the same thing years ago to load out though a hotel kitchen, yes the floor was greasy!!

Greasy Kitchen floor, reminds me.  A place in Fresno, CA called The Hacienda had a couple of ballrooms in the event center.  Main room was upstairs - the Las Vegas room - large art deco facility built in the late 40's or early 50's.  My dad said he saw Johnny Cash play there - legendary room - Patsy Cline, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison and many others.  I drop the names because in it's day it was an A-List venue.  I did a Ronnie Montrose show in there in 1986 and a New Years shitkicker band dance party and couple of DJ shows.

Anyway, the first 2-3 times we hauled everything up an exterior diamond plate stairwell that was straight up, no landing and fairly steep.  Then, we discovered the freight elevator and started using that.  Double steel doors near the bottom of the exterior stairs got you into the kitchen when they were unlocked.  Walk through the kitchen and down a hallway to the freight elevator.  Red tile floor that was wet, greasy, sticky, dirty and kitchen was plenty warm with lots of steam kettles.

We never crash and burned going through there and the cooks were always cool.  The question I have is when they laid that place out, they thought of catering to the ballrooms, had bars upstairs in them and restrooms.  But, for the entertainment no elevator - just the stairwell from hell.

There were two stairways like that in Fresno, the Hacienda Las Vegas room and the Warnor's Entertainment Center Star Palace.  The Star Palace stairs emptied out in the back alley - but, at least they were indoors until the bottom landing at the alley.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 06:06:10 pm by Steve-White »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2021, 05:13:33 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.