ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer Yoke on a stand?  (Read 1142 times)

John durisko

Meyer Yoke on a stand?
« on: April 18, 2021, 12:34:52 PM »

Has anyone had success using the Meyer yokes on a stand of some sort? In particular the UPQ or X40 series speakers. Obviously I’m not putting this on an ultimate support stand but I’m also not trying to lift this contraption into an Applied L16. I can fabricate adapters but what might be available in the stand world and has maybe already been done? I am aware of the Applied L11 and L13 but don’t have access to them to figure out an adapter just yet.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Meyer Yoke on a stand?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 01:10:14 PM »

Has anyone had success using the Meyer yokes on a stand of some sort? In particular the UPQ or X40 series speakers. Obviously I’m not putting this on an ultimate support stand but I’m also not trying to lift this contraption into an Applied L16. I can fabricate adapters but what might be available in the stand world and has maybe already been done? I am aware of the Applied L11 and L13 but don’t have access to them to figure out an adapter just yet.

Yes. The K&M 24281 adaptor will bolt to the bottom of the Meyer Yoke, allowing use with whatever 35mm stand you choose. I see you don't like Ultimate but the TS99B would be a good choice I think.

Meyer has a 20mm - 8mm reducer that screws into the pole cup in the X40. This lets you bolt the Meyer yoke to the bottom of the cab instead of the top, which I think looks much nicer when the yoke is placed atop a stand.

If you are looking for something to store and transport the yokes and hardware a Gator GX-1921-6-TSA works pretty well. The attached photo is 2 yokes nested in the case.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 02:00:49 PM »

I like pipe and base for speakers that may be too much for a UUS.

Mac

John durisko

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 03:16:27 PM »

Yes. The K&M 24281 adaptor will bolt to the bottom of the Meyer Yoke, allowing use with whatever 35mm stand you choose. I see you don't like Ultimate but the TS99B would be a good choice I think.

Meyer has a 20mm - 8mm reducer that screws into the pole cup in the X40. This lets you bolt the Meyer yoke to the bottom of the cab instead of the top, which I think looks much nicer when the yoke is placed atop a stand.

If you are looking for something to store and transport the yokes and hardware a Gator GX-1921-6-TSA works pretty well. The attached photo is 2 yokes nested in the case.

Ive used the TS99B for UPQ's in the past and I know the stand is rated for 150lbs it just seems ready to topple with a 108lb UPQ on it let alone add the weight of a yoke. the tubing flexes and makes me nervous. This application will be outdoors so even more so. I have no issue using the X40s like this.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 03:26:40 PM »

Ive used the TS99B for UPQ's in the past and I know the stand is rated for 150lbs it just seems ready to topple with a 108lb UPQ on it let alone add the weight of a yoke. the tubing flexes and makes me nervous. This application will be outdoors so even more so. I have no issue using the X40s like this.

For outside work or heavier speakers I usually use Global ST-132s or similar.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Scott Helmke

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 04:33:05 PM »

Can't imagine the X40 being too heavy for an Ultimate tripod. We use somewhat heavier speakers on Ultimate tripods all the time, including outdoors.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 04:33:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.