ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 USB out for livestream muting of channel not working  (Read 5355 times)

James Schulker

X32 USB out for livestream muting of channel not working
« on: April 17, 2021, 09:35:13 AM »

I've done a lot of work and watched several videos and was able to configure the X32 to bus 5 & 6 to USB out.  But when I go to "Sends on Fader" I still don't have control to mix the out differently than the main outs.  In fact, when I mute the channels so that no sound is coming out of the mains or the monitors I still hear sound from the USB out; even if I mute mix bus 5 & 6.

If I unmute the main channels then they'll increase in volume in the USB out but if I mute the mix bus it has no impact on the sound.

I'm positive the routing is done correctly to send the mix bus 5 & 6 to USB out.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: X32 USB out for livestream muting of channel not working
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 10:28:04 AM »

I've done a lot of work and watched several videos and was able to configure the X32 to bus 5 & 6 to USB out.  But when I go to "Sends on Fader" I still don't have control to mix the out differently than the main outs.  In fact, when I mute the channels so that no sound is coming out of the mains or the monitors I still hear sound from the USB out; even if I mute mix bus 5 & 6.

If I unmute the main channels then they'll increase in volume in the USB out but if I mute the mix bus it has no impact on the sound.

I'm positive the routing is done correctly to send the mix bus 5 & 6 to USB out.

If you can please attach your scene here so someone can take a look and see what is happening. And can tell you how to fix it.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 10:31:32 AM »

When you say USB out, do you mean to the USB recorder in the console or an external USB audio device or a laptop?
While you may have the mix bus 5-6 patched correctly to the USB out, it sounds like there is something else patched to that USB out as well.
The fact that the USB out gets louder when you unmute the mains suggests a patching duplication.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

James Schulker

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 11:14:17 AM »

When you say USB out, do you mean to the USB recorder in the console or an external USB audio device or a laptop?
While you may have the mix bus 5-6 patched correctly to the USB out, it sounds like there is something else patched to that USB out as well.
The fact that the USB out gets louder when you unmute the mains suggests a patching duplication.

Sorry, the USB output card to a laptop.  Is there a way to see everything that is currently routed to the USB out?

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 11:32:33 AM »

Sorry, the USB output card to a laptop.  Is there a way to see everything that is currently routed to the USB out?
I don't have a console in front of me but I think you can pull up the "card" from the setup or routing menu and see the patch.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

James Schulker

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 11:43:36 AM »

If you can please attach your scene here so someone can take a look and see what is happening. And can tell you how to fix it.

Here is a link to the scene file.  Sorry if this isn't the right way...I'm a newbie and just trying to figure this all out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i9jo0n2mvzknt1/MAIN.scn?dl=0

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 01:45:52 PM »

You have the sends muted on the individual channels. This means you were in sends on faders mode and you hit mute on the channel at that point. This is what I have seen so far in my looking at the scene.

James Schulker

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 03:33:38 PM »

You have the sends muted on the individual channels. This means you were in sends on faders mode and you hit mute on the channel at that point. This is what I have seen so far in my looking at the scene.

Here's the question though, even with the sends muted I'm getting sound out of the USB out.  In "Sends on Fader" it doesn't seem to have an impact on whether they are muted or unmuted.  Only when the channel, on main mix, is muted does it impact the sound; although even with both the main and sends on fader muted I still hear sound.

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 03:50:35 PM »

When this happens do you have effect returns turned up?

James Schulker

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 03:55:45 PM »

When this happens do you have effect returns turned up?

I honestly don't know how to turn them up/down so I guess the answer is "I don't know".

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 03:55:45 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.