Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

RCF L18-P200N replacement

<< < (3/5) > >>

Steve Litcher:
This thread is from a few years ago, but I had good luck using 18Sound drivers as replacements in my SB180R cabinets (which were shipped with L18-P200N drivers).

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=159892.0

I eventually sold the SB180Rs but the 18Sound substitutes worked and sounded great.

Jim McKeveny:
This is a tough one, actually. (I'm assuming RCF no longer makes their easy to use use drop-in recone kits for the 200). Anything "modern" you install in those boxes will have more X-max and more thermal (power) handling, both of which could rapidly expose port limitations.

Uwe Riemer2:

--- Quote from: Jim McKeveny on April 23, 2021, 07:52:39 AM ---This is a tough one, actually. (I'm assuming RCF no longer makes their easy to use use drop-in recone kits for the 200). Anything "modern" you install in those boxes will have more X-max and more thermal (power) handling, both of which could rapidly expose port limitations.

--- End quote ---
According to the web Thomann still sells recone kits for the 18P200 Typ 2 and some recone companies in Germany list prices for KN and N versions.
AFAIR KN/N sounds more familiar to me than Typ 2, but this could be easily solved by making some old school phone ( not cell ) calls appropriate for the driver.

On the other side two 175mm round ports seems not bad for 1500W and the new mid class of 12mm X max drivers.
Tuning could be a little on the highish side, so the problem could turn into: How to make the 175mm round port longer.

Letīs see if the OP wants to tell us about the TLW drop in.

And to close my little contribution: I would never even dream of putting the SW115 in 200l

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Uwe Riemer2 on April 24, 2021, 02:27:14 AM ---According to the web Thomann still sells recone kits for the 18P200 Typ 2 and some recone companies in Germany list prices for KN and N versions.
AFAIR KN/N sounds more familiar to me than Typ 2, but this could be easily solved by making some old school phone ( not cell ) calls appropriate for the driver.

On the other side two 175mm round ports seems not bad for 1500W and the new mid class of 12mm X max drivers.
Tuning could be a little on the highish side, so the problem could turn into: How to make the 175mm round port longer.

Letīs see if the OP wants to tell us about the TLW drop in.

And to close my little contribution: I would never even dream of putting the SW115 in 200l

--- End quote ---

Landed a two week installation gig so things are on hold in the diy-department at the moment, but I also noticed that Thomann sells that recone kit.
I'm considering ordering one, drop a fresh recone in one chamber and a TLW in the other for some comparison tests.

Mark Wilkinson:

--- Quote from: Uwe Riemer2 on April 24, 2021, 02:27:14 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Hi Uwe, why not?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version