Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

RCF L18-P200N replacement

(1/5) > >>

Helge A Bentsen:
I bought a bunch of old RCF subs at an auction loaded with L18-P200N drivers.
Boxes are decent enough, but the drivers needs replacement.
Some of them are ok, some of them are blown, there is a mixture of 4/8 ohms and so on.

The box is roughly 200L per driver, two round ports in each chamber with a diameter of 175mm, 300mm long.

Any ideas for a suitable replacement driver?
I have easy access to RCF/B&C, can get my hands on other brands, just a little more shipping costs.

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on April 14, 2021, 12:57:44 PM ---I bought a bunch of old RCF subs at an auction loaded with L18-P200N drivers.
Boxes are decent enough, but the drivers needs replacement.
Some of them are ok, some of them are blown, there is a mixture of 4/8 ohms and so on.

The box is roughly 200L per driver, two round ports in each chamber with a diameter of 175mm, 300mm long.

Any ideas for a suitable replacement driver?
I have easy access to RCF/B&C, can get my hands on other brands, just a little more shipping costs.

--- End quote ---
Have you checked into simply reconing the drivers you have?

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Ivan Beaver on April 14, 2021, 02:03:08 PM ---Have you checked into simply reconing the drivers you have?

--- End quote ---

Yes, talked to the distributor without luck, I got the impression these were discontinued from RCF.
I see some advertised online, some look after-market but a couple look like the real deal.
If anyone know of a good kit, I'll consider it. But not to keen on using time & money on reconing without knowing that the kit is good.

Chris Grimshaw:
Think I'd fire up WinISD or Hornresp and see what's what. The ports are a decent size, so you can probably put something pretty powerful in there without serious port losses. A B&C 18SW115 would be the first thing through my simulator.

Chris

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Chris Grimshaw on April 14, 2021, 03:54:52 PM ---Think I'd fire up WinISD or Hornresp and see what's what. The ports are a decent size, so you can probably put something pretty powerful in there without serious port losses. A B&C 18SW115 would be the first thing through my simulator.

Chris

--- End quote ---

I did that with B&C and a couple of other manufacturers. 18TBX100 and TBW100 came out pretty good and about similar performance. 18TBW100 has a slight edge. 18SW115 only has a 1 dB advantage, so I'm thinking it might not be worth the extra $$$.
Then again, I could be wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version