ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My 'Poor Man's' wireless mic system.  (Read 4562 times)

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: My 'Poor Man's' wireless mic system.
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2021, 03:50:14 PM »

Aaah... then maybe attached to it’s own boom stand some distance from the WAP.

You could also try making a reflector for the RX unit. Take 4" x 2" piece of aluminum foil [mounted on cardboard for rigidity], crease at the middle of the 4" length so you have two 2" x 2" planes at 100 degrees. Position reflector on backside of RX module, with the interior of the fold facing the RX and the TX, so that the 2" x 2" planes are about 1/2" from the module. You'll have to play with that 1/2" starting distance, and you can play with the angle of the fold, to achieve the best gain and horizontal beamwidth you need.

If you can get, lighting black wrap would work well and you wouldn't have to make a black tux for the reflector  ;)
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2021, 06:48:31 PM »

You could also try making a reflector for the RX unit. Take 4" x 2" piece of aluminum foil [mounted on cardboard for rigidity], crease at the middle of the 4" length so you have two 2" x 2" planes at 100 degrees. Position reflector on backside of RX module, with the interior of the fold facing the RX and the TX, so that the 2" x 2" planes are about 1/2" from the module. You'll have to play with that 1/2" starting distance, and you can play with the angle of the fold, to achieve the best gain and horizontal beamwidth you need.

If you can get, lighting black wrap would work well and you wouldn't have to make a black tux for the reflector  ;)

Lol...you know I have to dress everything up . I’ll try it Henry - thanks.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 12:48:25 AM »

Just reporting back with 3 shows under my belt using the inexpensive  wireless system. ....EXCELLENT.
No issues at all and lasts the whole evening. I never get this lucky but so far so good!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2021, 01:55:31 AM »

Just reporting back with 3 shows under my belt using the inexpensive  wireless system. ....EXCELLENT.
No issues at all and lasts the whole evening. I never get this lucky but so far so good!

That's great news! But I'm more impressed that you've managed to do 3 shows right now. Out here we haven't been allowed to do any.....grrrrrrrrr

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 04:32:39 PM »

That's great news! But I'm more impressed that you've managed to do 3 shows right now. Out here we haven't been allowed to do any.....grrrrrrrrr

We've been pretty lucky out here since the weather improved a bit. So many more clubs are providing outdoor locations for the bands. I hope your area opens up very soon Mark and you can get busy!

Mal Brown

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 11:58:26 AM »

Maybe an irrelevant point but... I always jack my router up on a boom.  I use a female threaded goose neck podium mount from Atlas.  I screwed that to a piece of oak scrap and the router is zip tied to that. Been in my kit for several years with a couple of different routers over time.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 03:52:31 PM »

Maybe an irrelevant point but... I always jack my router up on a boom.  I use a female threaded goose neck podium mount from Atlas.  I screwed that to a piece of oak scrap and the router is zip tied to that. Been in my kit for several years with a couple of different routers over time.

My Ubiquiti Mesh goes up on a mic boom stand every show. Zero drop outs to date. I use spring clip type mic clip and it grips the back of the unit perfectly and solidly. Takes seconds to deploy.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2021, 05:35:13 PM »

My Ubiquiti Mesh goes up on a mic boom stand every show. Zero drop outs to date. I use spring clip type mic clip and it grips the back of the unit perfectly and solidly. Takes seconds to deploy.
And looking dapper the whole time.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2021, 07:47:21 PM »

And looking dapper the whole time.

Very much so Dave.... ‘He’ is considered one of the band members.

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2021, 10:14:28 PM »

Very much so Dave.... ‘He’ is considered one of the band members.

I bet he really radiates and has an amazing network   ;D(sorry, couldn't resist).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2021, 10:14:28 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.