ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link x32 console board to x32 stage box  (Read 2678 times)

Rick Collins

Link x32 console board to x32 stage box
« on: April 09, 2021, 10:39:31 AM »

So our church has moved into the digital age with a X32 console board. Do to shipping problems we had to start with our old analog snake. and it work fine. NOW we received the X32 stage box and for the life of me, I can't get the box to link with the board. I've watched dozens of videos and tried to copy what they did, step by step but It still isn't working. I know it's probably it's a couple of clicks here or there. Can ANYBODY help me ???

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: Link x32 console board to x32 stage box
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 11:53:34 AM »

So our church has moved into the digital age with a X32 console board. Do to shipping problems we had to start with our old analog snake. and it work fine. NOW we received the X32 stage box and for the life of me, I can't get the box to link with the board. I've watched dozens of videos and tried to copy what they did, step by step but It still isn't working. I know it's probably it's a couple of clicks here or there. Can ANYBODY help me ???

You might have better luck asking questions about the X32 over here. https://community.musictribe.com/discussions?orderby=modified_date&category_id=52&subcat_id=235&subsubcat_id=322

Which stage box are you using? Have you check to see if the firmware in the X32 and the stage box are compatible with each other? They don't always come with the latest Firmware installed. What versions are you running in each device?

What kind of cabling are you using between the 2 devices? In what order are you turning the 2 on? Is this all new stuff or are they used?

Rick Collins

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 01:38:47 PM »

You might have better luck asking questions about the X32 over here. https://community.musictribe.com/discussions?orderby=modified_date&category_id=52&subcat_id=235&subsubcat_id=322

Which stage box are you using? Have you check to see if the firmware in the X32 and the stage box are compatible with each other? They don't always come with the latest Firmware installed. What versions are you running in each device?

What kind of cabling are you using between the 2 devices? In what order are you turning the 2 on? Is this all new stuff or are they used?

It is an X32 stage box. Ordered together but box was back ordered. I will try the other poster board. Thanks

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 01:52:12 PM »

It is an X32 stage box. Ordered together but box was back ordered. I will try the other poster board. Thanks

It may be a stage box to be used with an X32 but there is no stage box with the model number X32. There are many different stage boxes. Some of them are S32, S16, SD16 SD8 also there are the Midas versions like the DL32, DL16 and many more.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 03:33:26 PM »

Quick overview:  Connect via CAT5 (min) to the AES ports on both devices. Go into Routing on the X32 and tell it to use the AES inputs (and outputs, if applicable) rather than the onboard ones (which are the default). That *should* be all you need to do.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 09:46:45 PM »

Is this a stage box for an X32, or is it an X32-rack (which is more than just a stage box, it's a complete mixer and the process will be entirely different).  As Kevin mentioned, there is no stage box with X32 in the model number. 
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 02:50:43 PM »

Assuming it's an S32, you will connect a network cable from A on the mixer to A on the stage box. In the routing tabs, you need to go to the HOME tab if you are running 3.x.x firmware and for each desired input bank select the AES 1-8, 9-16 et all. On the OUTPUT tab, you will do the same thing. AES 1-8, 9-16, or if you need some outputs at FOH you may have to get trickier.

If you are on firmware 4.x.x you will scroll to the INPUT tab in the Routing menu and do the same thing as before. Select AES 1-8, 9-16 et all. The outputs are a little more involved, but you will scroll all the way to the right to the PATCH POINTS tab and do pretty much the same thing as before where you select the desired output and where it will derive from. You can also, if you wish, do all your patching from the USER tab. Here you can select input and output sections and select 1:1 where the signal is coming and going from.

The S32 stage box may also require a firmware update? The only way to know is to connect it via USB to a computer as per the instruction in its manual. There was a recent update in 2020. V1.8 I believe? In either case, it is usually that the user didn't apply the inputs as being AES. In the X32 family, you have to tell it where you want the source to come from in a separate menu. This will then allow you to actually see that signal when you select it from the channels input source selection tab. Unfortunately, you cannot just go straight to the input channels tab and change the actual sources from there. You can select them, but the actual change to make it happen must occur in the routing menu.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 02:50:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.