ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avid Profile question.  (Read 1085 times)

Al Rettich

Avid Profile question.
« on: April 08, 2021, 03:02:38 PM »

I own quite a few Avid products, and recently had a Profile come up and say that the TDM Flex cable needs attention. I understand it's in the FOH rack, but has anyone ever dealt with this? I'm wondering can it be accessed by the back panel? Where is it located in the FOH rack. Just some general direction as this is a new one for me..

Scott Helmke

Re: Avid Profile question.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 03:21:32 PM »

I believe those are the ribbon cables that tie the cards together.  Go in through the back panel and they'll be on top of the cards, first thing you see.

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 05:14:38 PM »

Just some general direction as this is a new one for me..

Depending on how your system is setup you will have multiple flex cables.. The Profile FOH rack can hold up to 5 TDM Mix engine Cards.. That would mean that there are up to 4 x of the flex cable cards.. When you open up the access panel the TDM cards are front and center.. You will see them stacked Front to back.. There is a larger Ribbon cable that connects these cards to the main Board. Those are on the right side of the cards.. Take note of where they are connected

The TDM Flex cables are in the middle of the cards.. they run through a small slot into the Mix engine cards, connecting in a chain from card to card.. These need to be pryed off the card carefully.. Should be able to do it with your finger nail. Remove the connector from BOTH cards before you try to remove the mix engine card if needed..

If you boot the profile into windows. ( CTRL+ SHUTDOWN) You should be able to run the Digitest app.. This should tell you which card/ cards are in fail.. If i remember correctly.. Mix engine 1 is in the back and engine 2-5 would be in front of that.. I would disconnect all the engines except for the first one.. Then add each engine / cable 1 at a time and retest.. That will help deterine which cable is bad..

Good Luck.. You should be able to buy flex cables from a few sources, but if you need any parts give me a PM.

Ben

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 05:40:15 PM »

If you get that deep into the FOH rack, re-seat the mix engine cards in the PCI bus slots while you're inside.  At least give them a little push down and a gentle wiggle.

The TDM jumpers are small... high contact density, potentially fragile.  In the decade we've had Avid consoles I don't recall a TDM jumper requiring replacement.  Not unheard of, but so far our desks have needed only a remove/re-seat cycle of the jumpers to restore full operation.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 05:40:15 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.