ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New DMX Lighting  (Read 250 times)

curtisb

New DMX Lighting
« on: April 07, 2021, 10:36:29 am »

Hello more experienced people (everyone),

I've recently brought some DMX lighting to go in my home bar/man cave (yes I'm very strange)

I'm in understanding that I need a bar to mount this to as I want it held up on the ceiling. there are currently wooden rafters running the length of the room but I'm unsure of the best parts to buy to fix a pole to?

Any suggestions really appreciated!

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: New DMX Lighting
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:08:58 am »

As per the agreement you signed up to in joining this forum, please change your name to be your real name.

Once you've done that, helpful responses might appear, like suggesting you post a lighting question in the lighting forum, rather than the live sound forum.

curtisb

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 12:08:54 pm »

Or even better - I can find a helpful community to get answers from rather than detrimental remarks.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 12:11:37 pm »

Or even better - I can find a helpful community to get answers from rather than detrimental remarks.
Huh, I never realized our asking for the forum rules to be followed was an insult.
Close the door on the way out.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Dave Guilford

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 01:18:54 pm »

I've recently brought some DMX lighting to go in my home bar/man cave (yes I'm very strange)

I'm in understanding that I need a bar to mount this to as I want it held up on the ceiling. there are currently wooden rafters running the length of the room but I'm unsure of the best parts to buy to fix a pole to?

Dude donít be a crybaby.  Just put your name up and youíll get the answers you want.  Why you gotta try to be hiding your self?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 01:59:17 pm »

You can buck-up and use your real first and last names - the requirement for which was presented at least 3 times in the account sign up process and is also on every forum index page - and get some help and direction.  No one has been "detrimental" toward you; perhaps you are conflating a lack of instant gratification for a lack of respect?
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 02:35:16 pm »

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.
"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

duane massey

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 11:40:07 pm »

Wow....just, wow....
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 11:40:07 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.