ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Microphones Through The Ages  (Read 1782 times)

Rick Earl

Re: Wireless Microphones Through The Ages
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2022, 10:05:56 AM »

Later on Vega would have the "Hourglass" handheld systems that seemed to be popular in America yet I haven't seen any use of them in the UK so far.

This also looks like the EV  2000  or 2500 line of the vhf microphones.

EV acquired VEGA and it's technology - In the early 90's IIRC - the EV mics at that time were Vega designs.  They were also pretty smart at marketing.  Somebody at EV had a bunch of dummy mics made for TV  - lip sync use, so you saw a whole lot of them being used.  The TV producers liked them because they were free and it didn't matter if they got dropped.    The sad part about all these acquisitions and changes is the loss of some of the history.  It is hard to find much about Vega, they were absorbed before the internet took off and although EV was an engineering driven company and had a lot of documentation, I have yet to find anything from Vega in their archives.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2022, 08:11:20 AM »

I remember using HME systems back in the early 80's.  You could change frequencies by actually swapping out crystals.  Had to do that once because another church about a half mile away was on the same frequency causing problems. Took us a while to figure out what was causing the interference until at one point our mic was off and their broadcast came through crystal clear.

In the late 80's early 90's when I was doing video production we had a HME belt pack system with the 722 receiver. Not exactly a remote friendly system, had to rig up a camera battery pack to power the receiver through the DC power jack.

Just found one on Ebay, I'm sure they'll sell fast!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HME-Rx722-Wireless-Receiver-with-Antenna-/383546124197
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 08:14:26 AM by Mike Caldwell »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2022, 08:11:20 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 25 queries.