Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

DMX Light react to Audio Output

(1/3) > >>

Alex Reid:
Hi,

Ive purchased a Equinox Swing Batten LED light which has DMX Out / IN. Im wanting the light to react to the audio coming either from A) My mixer output or b) laptop audio output.

Please can anyone advise how to do this?

Cheers,
Alex

Jeff Lelko:
Alex, the easy solution is to put the light in sound-active mode and let it react to your music.  DXM requires the use of a controller and even then won’t do much better if just wanting the unit to flash around randomly with music.

Alex Reid:

--- Quote from: Jeff Lelko on April 02, 2021, 06:24:32 AM ---Alex, the easy solution is to put the light in sound-active mode and let it react to your music.  DXM requires the use of a controller and even then won’t do much better if just wanting the unit to flash around randomly with music.

--- End quote ---

Hi Jeff,

Thanks thats great, however I'm looking for it to react to the actual output, for example even if the speakers were turned to 0 the lights would still react to whats playing (even though you cant hear it).

Cheers,
Alex

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Alex Reid on April 02, 2021, 06:27:50 AM ---Hi Jeff,

Thanks thats great, however I'm looking for it to react to the actual output, for example even if the speakers were turned to 0 the lights would still react to whats playing (even though you cant hear it).

Cheers,
Alex

--- End quote ---

I've never owned a DMX fixture that could do what you are asking - The audio has to be 'listened' to by the inbuilt mic in the fixture usually. Of course you could use midi to what you want and it would be much more controllable too.

Dave Garoutte:
Even the lower end controller boards use an onboard mic the activate to the music.  Never seen anything that took an audio input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version