ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange noises from the wireless microphone  (Read 604 times)

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Strange noises from the wireless microphone
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 02:43:33 am »

You can narrow the problem down by switching transmitter and receiver pairings.  If a different transmitter has the same problem on the same channel of the receiver, that's likely to mean that it's a problem in the receiver.  You can try changing frequencies being used to see if that helps.

My gut feeling would be this is being created at the receiver end, especially since you say you dropped the receiver.  It's possible that the jar shook loose some of the RF shielding internally, and now the external noise source is able to get into that particular channel of the receiver.  RF noise that's strong enough doesn't need to match the frequency you are using, it just simply overpowers everything and causes problems.

If that's the case, then sending the receiver in for repair would be the logical next step.

I think I must have glossed over the damage in the original post, and I absolutely agree.

-Russ

Sungkweon Ko

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 02:40:32 am »

I live in Korea and use the 925~937.5 MHz band. I can't remember the exact frequency because I've sent the repair. At the time of the performance, I had a group scan and used a different channel in the same group.

Sungkweon Ko

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2021, 02:43:37 am »

Yes, I'm suspicious of the receiver, but I think it's more expensive to repair than the hand transmitter and because of the nature of the 4-channel receiver, the rest of the channels will be unavailable during the repair period, so I hope it's not a malfunction.

Sungkweon Ko

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 09:04:21 pm »

Ah, okay. Might be a transmitter issue, then, although it could be interference from another source. What frequencies are you using?

-Russ

I am in Korea. I am using the 925~937.5Mhz band. I am in Korea. I don't remember the exact frequency, but I used the frequency in the same group after the group scan.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 09:04:21 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 25 queries.