ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Rack as stage box AND Split  (Read 2802 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: X32 Rack as stage box AND Split
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2021, 12:42:33 AM »

With digital split one needs to think about which unit is clock master.
In Festival situations I prefer the monitor board to be clock master, so I can check microphones without setting up FOH.

Analog split is always the best solution but will drive costs up.

Yep, clock from stage if doing a digital split.

Analog split does completely separate things, however, it means checking the mics at both locations as well as setting gain at both locations.  If labor is at a premium, this can take a little longer.

Still, an analog split is usually the way I like to go.

I'd love if some of the smaller systems would offer stageboxes with dual pre-amps inside, but I'm guessing it's such a small market that would make that spend, it's not worth it to manufacture.  Easier just to roll your own.
Brian Jojade

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2021, 01:04:52 AM »

{...}
I'd love if some of the smaller systems would offer stageboxes with dual pre-amps inside, but I'm guessing it's such a small market that would make that spend, it's not worth it to manufacture.  Easier just to roll your own.

I mean, technically...

-Russ

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2021, 04:38:36 AM »

Yep, clock from stage if doing a digital split.

Analog split does completely separate things, however, it means checking the mics at both locations as well as setting gain at both locations.  If labor is at a premium, this can take a little longer.

Still, an analog split is usually the way I like to go.

These work rather well.  https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AFB

Douglas R. Allen

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2021, 08:38:03 PM »

I mean, technically...

-Russ

Yes, technically that's the device, but priced well out of realistic consideration. One could purchase 2 DL32s and custom wire a split into a rack cabinet for much less money.

If they would just offer that as a stand alone unit for the entry level folks, it would be awesome.
Brian Jojade

Uwe Riemer2

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2021, 05:18:43 AM »

Yes, technically that's the device, but priced well out of realistic consideration. One could purchase 2 DL32s and custom wire a split into a rack cabinet for much less money.

If they would just offer that as a stand alone unit for the entry level folks, it would be awesome.

Price of the DL231 seems pretty reasonable to me.
I have built a passive Y split ( 32 channels ) for the band I mix using a premade stage box with 2 multipin outs.
The fan outs I needed to do by myself because there was nothing premade which I liked for this specific application.

If the band didn´t own 3 DL16 already, I would have recommended to buy DL 231 and another device for outputs.

And if the 231 would support assigning the outputs to different AES50 streams, it would become a no brainer to me.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2021, 05:18:43 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.