ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help getting audio out of an XR18 through USB port to video editing computer  (Read 275 times)

Todd Weber

Troubles exporting audio from X AIR XR18 to Video Editing computer.
Hello, and thank you. I'm trying to help my church stream a live service to facebook.
The Church is using a Behringer X AIR XR18 to manage the audio. It's connected to a mini HP computer through Ethernet. The HP is using the standard X AIR Edit app for windows 10. The app connects fine to the XR18, and the audio outputs to the Main L and Main R XLR plugs to the speaker system. All of that seems to work fine.

For video editing, I built a brand new computer. Intel Core i7-10700, 32GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, Windows 10 Pro. Video Editing software is vMix. HDMI video capture card is a BlackMagic Decklink Mini recorder. Video Camera: Canon R800 Vixia HF. I've connected the XR 18, from the front USB-B port to the USB-A port on the video editing computer. I downloaded and installed the XR18 USB drivers. The computer and video software see the XR18 and list it as an audio input device, as a XR18 Mic.

Because the camera is in the loft with the massive organ, I want to use the audio from the 3 mics at the front of the church, with the levels mixed on the XR18 instead of the mic on the camera. I do not want to send any audio back to the XR18.

My problem is, I don't get any audio from the XR18. When I look at my audio inputs, there is a green bar that is supposed to go up, that represents the levels. When I had video camera listed as one of the audio sources, the bar showed the audio. As long as we didn't play the organ, which drowns all other audio, everything worked fine. When adding the XR18 as a audio source, nothing.

My guess is that the XR18 has to be told to output to the USB port. I went to the In/Out menu on the X-Air Edit software. I see things like USB Sends, Aux Out, and Main Out. For Main, I have it set to Main L/R because it goes to the speaker system. It doesn't allow me to choose a second out. The next one down says Phones. Should I set Phones to one of the USB ports, like USB 1/2, or USB 17/18 ?  Am I in the right section?

At first, I was using the phones plug out, to my video computer Mic 1/8" in. It was picking up audio, but only from channel 1. Somebody said to connect all my mics to a bus, and go out using that bus XLR port on the XR18 to 1/8" for the computer. But when I went to the Guitar Center, the guy who sells these XR18's said, trust him, just use USB from the XR18 to the video computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Todd

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB

{...}
Todd

Hi Todd! Welcome to the forums! The policy here is that your Display Name has to be you full, real name. If you update it quickly you might beat the mod who's inevitably coming to lock this thread...

-Russ

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 09:30:15 am »

Hello, and thank you. I'm trying to help my church stream a live service to facebook.
The Church is using a Behringer X AIR XR18 to manage the audio. It's connected to a mini HP computer through Ethernet. The HP is using the standard X AIR Edit app for windows 10. The app connects fine to the XR18, and the audio outputs to the Main L and Main R XLR plugs to the speaker system. All of that seems to work fine.

For video editing, I built a brand new computer. Intel Core i7-10700, 32GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, Windows 10 Pro. Video Editing software is vMix. HDMI video capture card is a BlackMagic Decklink Mini recorder. Video Camera: Canon R800 Vixia HF. I've connected the XR 18, from the front USB-B port to the USB-A port on the video editing computer. I downloaded and installed the XR18 USB drivers. The computer and video software see the XR18 and list it as an audio input device, as a XR18 Mic.

Because the camera is in the loft with the massive organ, I want to use the audio from the 3 mics at the front of the church, with the levels mixed on the XR18 instead of the mic on the camera. I do not want to send any audio back to the XR18.

My problem is, I don't get any audio from the XR18. When I look at my audio inputs, there is a green bar that is supposed to go up, that represents the levels. When I had video camera listed as one of the audio sources, the bar showed the audio. As long as we didn't play the organ, which drowns all other audio, everything worked fine. When adding the XR18 as a audio source, nothing.

My guess is that the XR18 has to be told to output to the USB port. I went to the In/Out menu on the X-Air Edit software. I see things like USB Sends, Aux Out, and Main Out. For Main, I have it set to Main L/R because it goes to the speaker system. It doesn't allow me to choose a second out. The next one down says Phones. Should I set Phones to one of the USB ports, like USB 1/2, or USB 17/18 ?  Am I in the right section?

At first, I was using the phones plug out, to my video computer Mic 1/8" in. It was picking up audio, but only from channel 1. Somebody said to connect all my mics to a bus, and go out using that bus XLR port on the XR18 to 1/8" for the computer. But when I went to the Guitar Center, the guy who sells these XR18's said, trust him, just use USB from the XR18 to the video computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Todd

Please go to your profile and change your name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac
admin

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA

Todd

Select the routing you want to go out the USB. Here I have 1-16 direct out on UCB 1-16, and Aux 1&2 on USB 17 and 18. Then you have to make sure you enable 18x18 on the USB in setup on the Audio/Midi Tab. It's 2x2 by default. That way you can mix the mics to Aux 1&2 and send that to vMix as your stereo mix on USB 17&18
I'm not sure how to set up vMix as I haven't used it.

Hope this helps.

I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.