ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing Renkus-Heinz PN121 / PNX121 12" octagon-shaped woofers  (Read 379 times)

Ken Udell

I have a couple of Renkus-Heinz PN121 cabinets with blown octagon-shaped 12" woofers (made by PHL). Has anyone found a suitable replacement?

Forgive me for not posting specs, for I am not looking for theoretical opinions on what to replace them with; I am looking for real world examples that people have used.

Most of the potential possibilities I have found (such as AudioPipe speakers) look really cheap and I don't even know if they will fit, and I am trying to avoid routing out the speaker holes for round speakers.

(Alternatively, if anyone has some old PN121 or PNX121 cabinets laying around, I'd be interested...)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Replacing Renkus-Heinz PN121 / PNX121 12" octagon-shaped woofers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 07:49:22 am »

I have a couple of Renkus-Heinz PN121 cabinets with blown octagon-shaped 12" woofers (made by PHL). Has anyone found a suitable replacement?

Forgive me for not posting specs, for I am not looking for theoretical opinions on what to replace them with; I am looking for real world examples that people have used.

Most of the potential possibilities I have found (such as AudioPipe speakers) look really cheap and I don't even know if they will fit, and I am trying to avoid routing out the speaker holes for round speakers.

(Alternatively, if anyone has some old PN121 or PNX121 cabinets laying around, I'd be interested...)

What does Renkus suggest? Their support is very good if you haven’t already asked.  They supply us replacement drivers for their 20+ year old CE speakers.  I wouldn’t think replacements for the PN would be too difficult for them to source.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 12:04:40 pm »

Call Renkus Heinz.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Ken Udell

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 02:11:50 pm »

Call Renkus Heinz.

That was where I went first. I left an email for them and they never responded. I asked about reconing too; no response.

Rumor has it that they don't support the series anymore. Another operator I spoke with has several and was looking to buy some (more) from me just to have spare parts.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 02:11:50 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.