ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: x32 Live Stream - Pre or Post Fader?  (Read 4823 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Re: x32 Live Stream - Pre or Post Fader?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 12:44:03 PM »

I would second Keith's comments-in fact, we have a situation very much like the OPs-and interestingly, I am pretty sure my master for the house is around -20.  Most of our music is vocals plus a piano-occasionally we will use some guitars, etc.  Sometimes a guitar on a pickup messes with overall gain-but most of the time we can just use the post fade house mix with a few constant tweaks-piano volume for instance has to be a bit different.
Steve Swaffer

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 05:09:21 PM »

There is no reason that a well setup mixer cannot provide good level to the house and a post fader mix(s).
I have done many mixes for house with post fader aux sends to web and record feeds with no level issues.
As suggested , turn down the input levels on the amps or pull down (it may seem like a lot) the master fader.
Do not run your master fader at "0". In many cases I see master faders down at -20 for proper gain structure across the console.
This way, your "on the fly" mix will track in both the house and the web feed.
Also, use some compression on the web feed.

That's my exact go to set up when there is no one dedicated to actively mixing a recording and or a live stream mix.

By default I will start with the mix sends for any spoken word only mics turned up higher, maybe around +6 and all the other inputs set at 0.
Also I'll bring up the FX returns some in the live stream mix send.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 05:09:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.