ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless IEM purchasing decision help  (Read 3422 times)

Joe Breher

• Front Range, CO, USA
Re: Wireless IEM purchasing decision help
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 04:30:57 PM »

Thanks all - this is helpful. I see now how I was conflating the 'Range' concept with the 'Group' concept.

Though it still leaves the question unanswered - when it's time to put my money down on the counter, what Range do I ask for? I would have hoped to find some guidance on the manufacturers' websites, but I'm coming up dry.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 04:46:55 PM »

{...} Though it still leaves the question unanswered - when it's time to put my money down on the counter, what Range do I ask for? I would have hoped to find some guidance on the manufacturers' websites, but I'm coming up dry.

Touring or install?

-Russ

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 05:12:06 PM »

Thanks all - this is helpful. I see now how I was conflating the 'Range' concept with the 'Group' concept.

Though it still leaves the question unanswered - when it's time to put my money down on the counter, what Range do I ask for? I would have hoped to find some guidance on the manufacturers' websites, but I'm coming up dry.

Here are a few places to look...

Shure has a "Wireless Frequency Finder" online tool. Put in your zip code and product and it gives you suggestions based on the FCC database. Look under "Support", then "Online and Software Tools".
<https://www.shure.com/en-US/support/tools/frequency-finder>

Radio Active Designs has an FCC Auction TV repack list of major cities on their site. Denver is on there. http://radioactiverf.com/support/fcc-auction-tv-repack/

There was a repack map on the Professional Wireless Systems site but I can't find it anymore.

Shure WWB, Sennheiser WSM, and Lectrosonics Wireless Designer frequency coordination software are free downloads from the respective manufacturers.

There is a 15 day trial download of IAS frequency coordination software at the Professional Wireless Systems site. You can look at cities by zip code and people post venue specific scans that you can download.

There is also a scan database at <www.bestaudio.com> that Pete Erskine oversees, but it looks like the most recent Denver area posts are 2019.

Hope this helps!

Joe Breher

• Front Range, CO, USA
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 03:54:07 PM »

Touring or install?

-Russ

Multi-metro. Northern CO front range, mostly from Fort Collins to Denver, stretch Co Springs to Cheyenne. Occasional ski towns.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 05:23:06 PM »

One other brand that you might look at that is pro quality and has some respect in the industry is MIPRO.  They offer two series including the new 5.8 gig in digital wireless.  Full disclosure:  I am a retailer and dealer for Sennheiser, Shure, Mipro, and other wireless systems.  I don't do mail order sales so I am providing this as information only and not trying to make a sale.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 12:40:53 PM »

I do wonder how good the 5.8Ghz stuff will be given that it will be even more subjectable to signal loss due to obstructions with line of sight being even more important. Even more so given new Wi-Fi technologies use these higher frequencies.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 01:07:17 PM »

I do wonder how good the 5.8Ghz stuff will be given that it will be even more subjectable to signal loss due to obstructions with line of sight being even more important. Even more so given new Wi-Fi technologies use these higher frequencies.

It will probably involve different antenna strategies, perhaps more like the Alteros system which ran in the 6 gigahertz range. Properly deployed Alteros was very reliable. There can be advantages to signal not making it through walls if you have adjacent venues.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 01:07:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.