ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arista E-Vocal DUO Dante Dongles  (Read 1737 times)

TomBoisseau

Arista E-Vocal DUO Dante Dongles
« on: March 09, 2021, 10:51:55 PM »

Has anyone here used any of the Dante dongles from Arista?  I just purchased a couple of the Arista E-Vocal DUO ARS-0002-A01's which have a built in digital delay inside the dongle.  What a great idea I thought!  They also can be powered either by PoE OR a micro USB power supply.  Real smart in my opinion.

Unfortunately, it seems the built in digital delay looses it's setting and resets to zero if power is lost.  To me that makes the feature pretty much worthless. I DO however like the option to power off a micro USB supply.  I'll probably return these and get the ones without the delay, unless of course I discover someway to keep the unit from loosing its settings.

So... anyone have experience with any of the Arista Dante adapters.  Should I just stay away from this company completely?

Thanks,
Tom

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 10:57:31 PM by TomBoisseau »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Arista E-Vocal DUO Dante Dongles
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 02:11:17 AM »

The purpose of the delay is to compensate for video processing latencies (lip sync).  I'm fairly certain that whoever actually makes this thing figured that it would likely be a bit of 'temporary use' kit and the expectation to re-set the delay, if needed, wouldn't be a deal breaker.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

TomBoisseau

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 06:44:27 PM »

Well... so far Arista is treating and communicating with me fairly well.  They claim that the ARS-0002-A01 should NOT loose it's delay setting when powered down.  So I've shipped them the units for them to evaluate.  They are also checking into another question I had and appear to be doing their best to give me an answer.  We'll see how it all turns out.

Tom

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 10:15:50 PM »

So Tom... help me understand about these units, there are 3 in the series:  a 2 channel input, a 2 channel output, and the one you have which can do... either or both?  The Arista site was less than clear.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

TomBoisseau

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 12:18:51 AM »

So Tom... help me understand about these units, there are 3 in the series:  a 2 channel input, a 2 channel output, and the one you have which can do... either or both?  The Arista site was less than clear.

I wish!  They do just one or the other.  The site is just not clear.  I had to read and re-read before I understood.  There is a two channel input model with 2 female XLR's called the ARS-0200-A00.  Then there is a two channel output model with 2 male XLR's called the ARS-0002-A00. And finally there is the model I purchased, which is also a a two channel output model, with 2 male XLR's and a built in delay of up to 170ms called the ARS-0002-A01.

Tom

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 10:42:39 AM »

Thanks for the insight. :)

TomBoisseau

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 05:14:40 PM »

Well, it seems a follow up post was appropriate. I received back 2 new ARS-0002-A01 dongles last week from Arista. They confirmed the ones I had sent them were defective. The new ones seem to be operating exactly as they should, and I should mention that Arista was prompt in dealing with this issue and VERY good about staying in touch with me during the entire process. I'm pleased!

I will likely purchase more of their interfaces.  I really like the option to power these devices with a small micro USB power supply, and not be restricted to PoE.  Hopefully Arista will be around for awhile and will continue to provide good support.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 05:14:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.