ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic lights ideas  (Read 2237 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Basic lights ideas
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 11:11:32 pm »

Scott, I hope the talk with this planner helps solve the problem and that the others get the word. I get the feeling that what was happening was certainly unethical, but would question whether there may have been any legal questions there. I guess that what would bother me is that things that may be being done are things that are ultimately negatively affect the outcome of the event in some way or other.

Nah, there is nothing unethical, xxx lighting company are straight shooters, just expensive as all get out. 

The rotten bastards are the table and linen vendor that has a tight leash on the market.  I think they grease the security guards at the top venues because they always get the docks first.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2021, 11:58:17 pm »

One of the best upgrades I have done is to go to Chauvet wireless battery powered uplights.  NO wires or cords to trip on.  Super fast setup and tear down. Never had any problem.

Dave, which Chauvet wireless battery-powered model are you using?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2021, 01:51:50 am »

Dave, which Chauvet wireless battery-powered model are you using?

I am sure Freedom pars.  Those are the industry standard event uplights.  The cool kids with lots of money were starting to carry the City Theatrical Qolorpoints, another battery operated fixture that has even better life than the Chauvet's, excellent color blending and they come with a chrome shroud that looks super elegant.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2021, 01:15:24 pm »

I am sure Freedom pars.  Those are the industry standard event uplights.  The cool kids with lots of money were starting to carry the City Theatrical Qolorpoints, another battery operated fixture that has even better life than the Chauvet's, excellent color blending and they come with a chrome shroud that looks super elegant.
Yup, Freedom Pars.
For small shows, I'll put them on a very slow fade, with a slightly different timing per fixture.  This makes for a nice random background that isn't distracting.
Well Scott, you've now confirmed that I'm not cool. :'(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 03:42:59 pm by Dave Garoutte »
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2021, 11:29:50 pm »

I am sure Freedom pars.  Those are the industry standard event uplights.

Yep, and a great value too.  Several of the newer models have field-replaceable batteries which helps to address both battery life as well as fixture lifespan.  I worked an event recently with the Elation Volts.  I wasnt particularly impressed.

Another interesting option is the GLP Atom X4 which can be used with a battery box.  While nothing special at face value the homogeneous beam plus fast zoom can add some nice movement to the standard uplight. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2021, 11:29:50 pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.