ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2ch mixer for feeding ATEM mini live streams?  (Read 444 times)

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
2ch mixer for feeding ATEM mini live streams?
« on: March 22, 2021, 04:05:41 PM »

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm getting ready for the day (soon?) where we can have small (outdoor) in person events and plan to livestream them to additional audience members. Since my main mixer sits on stage (Ui24R), I need a way to get audio into the ATEM mini (sitting at FOH). I'm planning to hang a stereo pair near FOH and feed that to the livestream. Rather than run cables from these mics to the Ui24R and then back to FOH for the ATEM, I'd rather have a small analog mixer for the task. I just need 2 mic pre's with phantom power and a stereo headphone out (or I could take a balanced stereo pair into one of my headphone amps).

So far this is the closest fit I've found - https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/802--behringer-xenyx-802-mixer, though ideally I'd like a little utility box or something rackmount so I can minimize the fussing around time for load in and strike. Any suggestions?

And btw - I did consider using some xlr to cat 6 boxes to send audio to the stage box and back, or bridging a 2nd Ui24r located at FOH. Both those options provide some nice benefits, but add setup time, money, and complexity to the system. I suppose another option would be a stereo dynamic mic designed for cameras...open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Mark
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 05:21:19 PM by Mark Scrivener »

richard_cooper

Re: 2ch mixer for feeding ATEM mini live streams?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 06:18:47 PM »

So far this is the closest fit I've found - https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/802--behringer-xenyx-802-mixer, though ideally I'd like a little utility box or something rackmount so I can minimize the fussing around time for load in and strike. Any suggestions?

There are devices available designed to interface 2 mics with phantom to the 3.5mm inputs on cameras that may work. I can't find the one I've got, which was REALLY cheap and works.... OK. But, without recommending specific items, things like the Saramonic SR-PAX2 on the lower end or BEACHTEK DXA-SLR on the higher end may be worth looking into?

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 10:59:30 PM »

Lots of decent 2 xlr mixers out there.  Soundcraft Notepad 8fx, A&H Zed 6 for instance.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 11:49:29 PM »

There are devices available designed to interface 2 mics with phantom to the 3.5mm inputs on cameras that may work. I can't find the one I've got, which was REALLY cheap and works.... OK. But, without recommending specific items, things like the Saramonic SR-PAX2 on the lower end or BEACHTEK DXA-SLR on the higher end may be worth looking into?

Thanks! I should have known something like this existed. When poking around it occurred to me that any 2ch audio interface with a headphone output should work. I know I have one of those lying around somewhere.

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 12:44:51 AM »

Just dug an old 2ch USB audio interface out of the closet (M-Audio M-Track - even has crude meters! Nice!). Looks like it will do the trick - but a word of caution to anyone reading this....much to my surprise it will not powerup from a USB power supply....only works when connected to a computer. If anyone knows of a way to fake this with a cable mod, I'm all ears. I'll have a laptop there anyway, but would be great not to need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 12:44:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.