ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Line Array Insurance  (Read 4559 times)

Jordan Rech

• Marketplace
    • Mountainside Audio
Line Array Insurance
« on: April 04, 2011, 06:19:22 PM »

Hi All,

I am hoping to pick your brains on some insurance carriers that have covered line array setups.  I am looking to renew and unfortunately my broker has informed me that our prices are going way up this year across the board, almost to the point I can't afford it anymore.  I am looking for a new company/slash broker for insurance and don't know too many since I have been using the same providers for years.  If any of you are currently flying, with insurance, please help in the form of suggestions, thanks!
Jordan L. Rech
Mountainside Audio
Duncannon, PA 17020
(717) 829-1607
[email protected]
www.mountainsideaudio.com

Brad Gibson

• Marketplace
    • Capital A Productions
Re: Line Array Insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »

Hi All,

I am hoping to pick your brains on some insurance carriers that have covered line array setups.  I am looking to renew and unfortunately my broker has informed me that our prices are going way up this year across the board, almost to the point I can't afford it anymore.  I am looking for a new company/slash broker for insurance and don't know too many since I have been using the same providers for years.  If any of you are currently flying, with insurance, please help in the form of suggestions, thanks!

CINCINNATI INS
To be a trusted, valued and, respected, leader by being fair, fun, confident and honest.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:50:49 PM »

Hi All,

The last time I talked to our insurance agent about "flying" he took a long, long pause and then asked "are you 'flying' people?"  "No, we're suspending sound and lights."  "I'll have to get back you with you."

A couple of days later he called up and said, in essence, that suspending sound and lighting equipment was okay, but suspending people (like Peter Pan) was specifically excluded.

That was 4 or 5 years ago and I think we've changed insurers since then.

HTH.

Tim Mc
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:54:26 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 12:34:01 AM »

A couple of days later he called up and said, in essence, that suspending sound and lighting equipment was okay, but suspending people (like Peter Pan) was specifically excluded.

Hmmm
Dropping a fairy = bad.
Dropping an array on xx people = not so bad ?

I think the better question is "Who has filed a claim, and how was it handled."
I have never had to file a claim (PA related), but that is where the rubber meets the road.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

James Feenstra

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 09:08:17 AM »

Hmmm
Dropping a fairy = bad.
Dropping an array on xx people = not so bad ?
one requires considerably more skill than the other
One also typically results in death over injury, and deaths cheaper to pay for
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 10:54:56 AM »

one requires considerably more skill than the other
One also typically results in death over injury, and deaths cheaper to pay for
To be clear, I don't fly fairies or arrays.
To me, they BOTH require considerable skill and knowledge.
Deaths can result from both "incidents".
Unfortunately, with an array "failure", more claims will likely be made.
In either case, not something I ever want to file for with my carrier.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Iain.Macdonald

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 11:13:17 AM »

Hi All,

J,

Insurance prices are going up everywhere, and for everything. Mostly because of all the natural disasters that happened in the last few years. Be warned that some insurers are reducing the extent of their cover, to either hold their prices and/or look competitive. My suggestion would be Robertson Taylor.

Iain.

Jordan Rech

• Marketplace
    • Mountainside Audio
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »

J,

Insurance prices are going up everywhere, and for everything. Mostly because of all the natural disasters that happened in the last few years. Be warned that some insurers are reducing the extent of their cover, to either hold their prices and/or look competitive. My suggestion would be Robertson Taylor.

Iain.

Thanks for the suggestions from all, and a wonderful in-depth look at "fairy insurance".  I will being heading up with some of the names listed.  If anyone else has more information, I would love to hear it!
Jordan L. Rech
Mountainside Audio
Duncannon, PA 17020
(717) 829-1607
[email protected]
www.mountainsideaudio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.