ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Long range in-ear monitor solution  (Read 5527 times)

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Long range in-ear monitor solution
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »

The OP said he wants battery powered, like his speakers.

The Senny RXs are 12V; car battery? :D

-Russ

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 04:24:24 PM »

The Senny RXs are 12V; car battery? :D

-Russ
Oops, read it wrong.  I have sent IEM Tx to Wireless mic Rx in a powered situation, and thought that's what I read.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2021, 07:00:02 PM »

How big are the blocks?
An actual measurement would be helpful and is it line of sight to the speakers?

Rough total distance for the line is about 1500 feet.  Longest distance from transmission point would be just under 1000 feet.

The 'previous' solution that was used for music along the street was in ground 'rock' speakers in planters.  It worked, but road reconstruction has broken that solution. They don't have the ability to re-cable that, so now we're trying to come up with a wireless solution.

Battery operated isn't 100% required for this setup, but for flexibility, and being able to use the system for other possible events, battery operation would be super convenient.

Some latency isn't that big of a deal, since the speakers are going to be at relatively low volume and spread far enough apart.  Think more background music than focused rock concert levels.  We're actually looking now at an IP based solution that would let us either run over a WIFI network or even over the internet to get the job done.

This is one of those case scenarios where it would be REALLY awesome if the FCC would make a couple of frequencies available in the FM band that could be licensed for temporary use.
Brian Jojade

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2021, 07:27:57 PM »

Can you relocate your source location to reduce the maximum transmission range?

Rough total distance for the line is about 1500 feet.  Longest distance from transmission point would be just under 1000 feet.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2021, 10:20:41 PM »

Can you relocate your source location to reduce the maximum transmission range?

Not effectively.  All of the possible options are still looking at a 1000 foot max transmission.
Brian Jojade

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2021, 10:36:27 PM »

I have made 1000 foot plus audio hops with a Sennheiser IEM transmitter and a Sennheiser wireless mic receivers. LPDA's at both ends about 12 feet in the air.
That was over open ground not down a city street though.

Here is the IP audio solution I'm looking at for the project I mentioned earlier.

https://www.barix.com/product-categories/audio-encoding/instreamer/

https://www.barix.com/devices/exstreamer/exstreamer-100-105-110-120/

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2021, 04:56:39 AM »

Do you have solid mobile phone coverage there?
Sounds like a job for some cheap smartphones running a teams/zoom-meeting.
Share audio to all participants from a computer at foh.

MattLeonard

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2021, 11:24:49 PM »

I do this sort of thing often at a more budget level - using the Alto Stealth Pro kit (yeah, I know it's Alto - but I have had zero issues with it).  It claims 200' line of sight range, which reflects my success in unobstructed environments.

The packs all run on a 12v wall wart - but I bought a simple 12v-to-5v USB cable, and then use common USB battery backs (for charging a phone) taped to the receivers. With battery-powered speakers, I've now got a fully wireless setup that can span 400' down a block.

When I need more than battery-powered speakers, I have various 12v battery/1500 watt inverter rigs that easily run a pair (or more) of delays all day long.

I'm working with a customer that wants to spread some speakers along about a 3 block area, and wants to be able to wirelessly broadcast to the speakers. They have battery operated JBL EON one pros that they will be using.

I was thinking just using an IEM would work great, since the receiver would be battery operated, and I could just velcro it to the speaker, but wondering if any would have the ability to reliably broadcast about 3 blocks away.

Any experience?

Dan Patterson

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 10:38:56 AM »

Hell-o All; I have worked on several of these projects with various degrees of success. The spread of main street America program is one of the drivers of this movement. My best success was using the now discontinued Neutrik Xirium pro. At that time (pre pandemic) Neutrik worked with me to map a downtown area and place the transmission antenna and receivers. we shot to powered speakers using custom undercover covers . the transmitters and receivers were I.P. rated. the biggest challenge was downtown commercial traffic (13'6"). If the receivers weren't above that they would drop signal for a moment as truck traffic flowed thru.  As this network cant be expanded this city is transitioning to a 70v system.

Brad Harris

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 02:39:22 PM »

What about a 1-5w FM transmitter?

We do this for city marathons where the coverage is quite large (ie, city communities)

Brad

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 02:39:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.